Well, well, well Joshua Paul...you caused quite the (insert one of your big words I don't know, I'll go with upheaval) today. I think it is fair to say we ruffled some of your feathers! But I'll see your scripture and raise you one Freedom of Opinion and Speech without Persecution. Pia is hella boring, talented yes, but I'm not voting for an Idol to put me to sleep at night. The judges have said numerous times, it's not just about singing well, it's about connecting with the audience, it's about performance, making people feel something...and the only thing Pia ever made me feel, was melancholy. Can I get an amen? But I did so enjoy your speech. And if I could make a friendly suggestion, a neighborhood coming together of sorts, I say we start running down these crazy AHO ghetto-ites that refuse to move when a car is coming. I appoint you to come up with a point system.
So a couple of weeks ago when I cut a million inches off my hair, I felt as though I had lost an appendage. Well, I found it. It is in the form of a 7 year old fever ridden boy. Colton came down with a headache and fever yesterday at my moms, and has been lethargic and needy ever since. He is hot, he is cold, the top of his head is cold, not the back-just the top...he feels funny, he is actually asking for tylenol. He, however can't keep a thermometer under his tongue to save his life. Anyway, if I move he moves...if I walk in the kitchen, he walks into the kitchen, if I get up and he doesn't realize it, about 30 seconds later he is calling for me. When I was going to go to the store today he started to cry and shoved himself into me. So I waited until he fell asleep. Again. I hope he feels better soon. We VODed Megamind tonight. It's pretty funny, but $6.99 really?
I wonder if there is a dictionary widget I can get for the side of my blog so I can understand the words Josh uses. Anyone else with me on that one?
I bought my Chuck Taylors today. Yeah, I pretty much love 'em. Too bad everyone keeps telling me how much they will probably hurt my feet, at least for a little while...
I made these muffins today, and they were delish. They reminded me of my grandma's cinnamon toast.
Picture....
This is Aubs, 3 days old. I cannot believe she will be 5 soon. I think about her turning 5 all the time, and it's freaking me out. If you look closely, you can see the white streak of hair she was born with...
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Posted by Rachael at 12:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I want to blog like you when I grow up. I laughed a lot tonight whilst reading. That's all I really have to say tonight but that should be good enough for now if you read those first two sentences over and over with so much sincerity that it drips down your chin. Cause that's how much I meant them.
WV- thrier...I bet there's some clever way to use that one but I'm to burnt out of creativeness to think of anything.
You should really get on that widget dictionary/translator, I'm still not sure I understood everything he was saying and I've read it three times.
If my comment didn't leave you all warm and fuzzy, maybe me telling you that I just went back and read your post out loud to Jason and he laughed and at the end said, "That was pretty funny," in his unemotional tone. Best line of this post is definitely the "I'll see your scripture reference and raise you etc..."
Oh, Aubs. I remember when we went to the beach and she was just so snuggly I held her all the time.
I too want to blog like you when I grow up. So clever, so witty.
I just commented in response to the comments on yesterdays post and then read this post and we said very similar things (although I kinda hate you because your comment was much funnier than mine. You really are so clever.)
And once again I'm left out of the conversation because I just couldn't swallow watching AI again this season. I just couldn't do it...
Someday we will be sad when our kids don't follow us around attached to us like little leeches, right? That's what they all say, anyway. I'll let you know...
I need to make those muffins. They look yummy.
If I were you I would just keep making babies, they're just so beautiful. ;) That's the one time I regret the whole "tying of the tubes" procedure...when I look at baby pictures of my girls. I'm all, "man, we make good looking babies, why would we stop?" Too bad that's not quite enough of a reason to just keep going, right? ;)
That's funny, that's the same thing Aubrey was doing with both her hands today in primary. Does she still have a white streak?
I'll have to get some feathers so you can ruffle them. Apparently you want some more. Love the "see you...raise you..." comment. LOLoved it. Yes, Pia may be more boring than the others, and definitely needs to work on walking around stage. She walks like C3PO. Yeah, there has to be a connection between the singer and the audience, but really when do the acrobats end? You can still entertain and make connections without the accompaniment of a circus. I guess since the majority of america is ADHD is why no one voted for her. I suppose if AI is transitioning into more of a show/performance competition then yes, she should be gone, but being the best singer, I believe, is still it's underlining objective and core. And to MalMal, Yes, she's beautiful but she doesn't have that one unique feature that makes her memorable, which I think makes her more invisible to America, despite her talent. Honestly, I even overlooked her most of the time. And I think I'm gonna like the new show "the Voice" or whatever it is called.
The following is a comment from a friend and music connoisseur, she has helped me come to terms and shed some like on the reasons behind the outcome in this trying time of mourning for me.
"You can vote up to 50 times. Who's gonna be voting that many times? The busy adult w/ a life (and good taste?) or the teeny bopper girl w/ unlimited texting and time and no eye for talent?"
*sniff* *snuff-said*
PS: I think it was way funny how we were all talking about AI at Sophie's party, and so many things we were talking about were just magnified that night. Like the whole "Scotty-head-wiggle-accompanied-by-rheumatoid-arthritis-micholding" or the "Growler Girl". Just sayin'.
PPS: By the way, can't we just agree on a designated location to hash this thing out, all "The Outsiders"-like and stuff? I mean, I rarely put more than 2 sentences together in the real world, and these novel comments are workin' me. How do you do it #13? We can drop a few AHO-Ghetto-ites in tandem. Seriously, why don't the freakin' move at LEAST to the SIDE of the road. Nope, they just stand there in the middle and make the car go around them. If I wasn't in a Metro, I'd totally run em over. I'm afraid it will do more damage to the car than them. ARG.
PPPS: Totally need to look into gettin' a dictionary widget for the blog, fo'sure!
WV: Targrat—One who exclusively shops at Target. Example: I use to love Walmart, but now, I'm a Targrat.
Post a Comment