My little boy is 7 tomorrow. I can't even wrap my head around it. It just doesn't even seem real. I love that the night before he turned 7 he asked me to lay with him at bed time, and because Addy was asleep I did. Good moments, that don't happen enough...
Tomorrow is also April Fools Day. I have always wanted to do some funny stuff to the kids, but I cannot, will not, ever never make dinner food look like dessert or dessert look like dinner. It seriously grosses me out. Especially the meatloaf and potatoes made to look like a cupcake. It is so wrong, on so many levels. So I opted for a glass of juice, that's really jello. And tomorrow I am taking ice cream cups to Colton's class during lunch, and I think I might bring him a Happy Meal in a brown paper sack. Kinda lame, but it was the best I could come up with...maybe someday I'll make him a fake adoption certificate. Isn't that like a right of passage if you're born on April Fools Day? The biggest April Fools someone played on me? Birth is a beautiful thing...just kidding it is...kinda...the baby part is anyway...
So, I am a complete tool. All of a sudden it dawned on me today, that I haven't bought Colton a single birthday present. What is wrong with me? Because of my major brain lapse, I have to run around tomorrow like a mad woman to make sure he has a few gifts, some sort of cake, and still take treats to his school. Craziness...and I thought I was so on top of everything...not so much...
It's late. It's always late. Side-note...my period isn't working very well...isn't it weird how as you get older everything can be construed as dirty or inappropriate? The period button on my keyboard, isn't functioning properly...and it's driving me batty...first my carpet, now my period...
Pictures....
Colton and Payson on Colton's 4th birthday. Why do they grow up? Saddest thing ever...
Friday, April 1, 2011
Posted by Rachael at 1:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Just claiming 1st comment status.
Gross! Meatloaf cupcakes?
Oh, and sorry to hear about your period. I hate to say it, but pretty soon your laptop is gonna start overheating randomly. Happened to mine. I have to have the fans running all the time now or it get's mad at me.
I think that the meatloaf cupcakes are super funny! I have always wanted to make the corn on the cob ones. I don't think I could eat them, but I would love to make them.
They're babies!! How is it possible they looked like that when they became friends?! I so wasn't expecting that picture and it made me want to cry. Sometimes (a lot of the time) I wish I could go back and see my kids little like that again.
Oh, and your period and your carpet should NOT go together in the same sentence.
Post a Comment