56...is the number of minutes it took me to hobble my 3 mile walk. I attempted to jog again. It didn't work out. My legs felt like 2 giant cramps on sticks. Alicia drove by while I was walking...little did she know, I wasn't waving hello as much as I was signaling for help. I'm sure she thought 'Sucker!' as she drove past. There was nothing motivating about they way I looked walking today. I have never wanted to hitch-hike so bad in my life. The crazy thing I saw on my walk today was a car full of kids and the driver was wearing the Scream mask, and he waved at me...
This morning we all went to the Farmers Market. We love that place. We left having purchased rhubarb, strawberries, kettle corn, snow cones, tacos, and honey sticks. Oh, and mini donuts. It was like going to the fair without the rides and animals. Of course Addy came home looking like a smurf from the blue snow cone she spilled all over herself. We hadn't been there yet this year, and it was a great was to start our day...
Later on I made a strawberry-rhubarb pie, per my grandma's request. So we all loaded up in the car, like little red riding hoods off to give grandma some pie, fresh picked strawberries, and some delish banana bread I made. And when we got there, Aubs got her fingers smashed in the car door. Luckily it was mostly the weather stripping, but her fingers were still pretty red and smooshed, and of course she was beyond traumatized.
Earlier in the day, Aubrey and I were sitting on the couch and the phone rang. I asked her to grab it and she told me to give her a quarter. I said no, and she got up and got the phone...then she held it away from me and said, "give me a dollar" What the? Hell to the nah. I didn't even know what to say. So I said a few things in my meanest voice...but something tells me, this just might happen again...
Picture...
We typically try to go down to Portland the day before we are due at the beach and have a little family time of our own. These were a few years back when we went to the Portland Zoo...
Sunday, June 12, 2011
56
Posted by Rachael at 12:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, I wish I would have known! I totally would have picked you up! Although you would have taken one sniff of our car and opted to keep walking, leg cramps and all. It seriously smells like someone went camping...and then crawled in our car and died. And it was still stuffed to the brim full of stinky dirty camping stuff. Yuck.
Have fun on your trip!! Are you going to be able to keep up your blogging streak whilst your gone?
3 miles!?!?!? Ugh.
Post a Comment