Tuesday started with a killer headache. A lot of days started with a headache, I think from the super crap beds, but this one was a doozy. I went to lay down in the kids room, but before long...all the kids were in there. Aubrey was getting out her seashells she had just put in her special seashell box, when Sophie freaked out, like went totally crazy insisting this one particular shell was hers. She screamed and yelled and cried and threw stuff and went completely psycho. I sent a few of the kids over to get one of her parents, at which point she composed herself enough to grit her teeth, shake her fist, and get right up in Aubrey's face and tell her if she didn't give it back, then she was gonna steal it from her. Jason came with the straight jacket, and before long we were all sitting at the table trying to figure out what would cause such a rage...and laying out all of Aubs and Sophie's seashells. Even though Soph had a couple that looked just like it, she still insisted that that particular one was hers. Aubrey let her have it, and when Amy said to Sophie "What do you think you need to say to Aubrey for yelling at her?" Sophie replied, "Well, Aubrey should say sorry to me because she took my she-shell" At that point I had to try pretty hard to hide my laughter. In the end, everything was sorted out, apologies were given and accepted and we all moved on...pretty much unscathed...
We packed up our cars and headed to Pacific City....where it was crazy windy. It was nice though, because you could drive down on the beach, so we loaded up everyone's stuff and drove down to our spot. My parents parked next to us and we set up camp. The kids had so much fun splashing in the waves. You could go out pretty far and the water wasn't very deep. It didn't take long before the dads were out there too...and I think Lisa was too a little...Amy and I hung back with our 2 rugrats. Almost everyone took a break from the waves to hike up this huge sand dune some of the Outlet Mall employees told us we had to do at least once. I had to sit out, Addy wasn't feeling too good, but Kent went up with the other 2. By the time they got up to the top they looked like little ants. Colton was the first one to the top and he made sure everybody knew it. A little while later and a lot of sand in our car later, we packed up with plans to go back the next day with wet suits and boogie boards. On the drive home we saw 3 elk laying in some people's yard. It was crazy cool. Or maybe that happened the day before...either way, one of the times driving back from PC we saw 'em...
And then, once again we stopped at the outlet mall...it sounds like we were there all the time, but honestly, every time we went, it was about to close...and we saw 2 deer crossing the highway just one car in front of us, bringing our total up to 6.
Me, my mom, Lisa, and Amy headed to Fred Meyer to go swim suit shopping. Dread. Loathe. Hate. As we were getting into the car, Colton ran out to give me a hug and tell me he loved me. Best moment of the day. Anyway, a few horrendous suits later, and we all left with something. I had to spend $30 dollars on a suit I don't even like. Definitely the lowest point of the day.
Pictures....
Pacific City....
Picture after picture, you just see how much fun they were having all over their faces..
Addy wasn't so sure about the water...and whether she was getting wet or running through the sand, she refused to take her shoes off, in fact she would freak out if her shoes weren't on...
I know this picture is total blursula, but I adore the look on his face...
My sweet Addy...I love this picture
Addy and Carson had so much fun chasing the birds...
Warming up in the sand...
We even had rides....
that didn't always end so well...
a little traumatized, but they survived...
Some more brave souls...
Now it was Addy's turn for a ride...
She went from this...
to this pretty quickly....
Some decided it was much better on dry land...
others spent there time just watching from afar...
Now it was Colton's turn...
I don't think he thought it was as funny as they did...
Kent and Steve walked up the street to a surf shop and bought some rash guards...they decided they had watched long enough...and they were totally freezing...Kent's turn...
Kramer playing life guard while Kent rode the waves...
I seriously don't know who had more fun, the kids or the dads...
Kent took these walking up the sand dune...
5 comments:
It's almost gut-wrenching to look at these pictures. It was seriously my favorite vacation ever. I was even internally analyzing my post-vaca depression tonight as I was feeling slightly out of it because I was with Jason, spending money. Come Monday, I expect the moody blues to be back, full force.
Oh my gosh, this post made me smile on so many levels. The she-shell stealing story was hilarious. You described Sophie's fury so well I could totally picture it and it was awesome. And then all your pictures! You can just see what a blast you all had, especially the kids. I couldn't help but keep thinking of all the amazing memories they'll have of these trips. (See, that was me saying I enjoyed all the beach trip pictures!)
Those were great pictures Rach! I was there and still found them amazing to look at...I cast my vote for the favorite picture description to be the "Kramer" one!! Totally totally the best...I am still laughing! That was an amazing experience for sure...even tho Dad and I watched from afar trying to keep as many "sandy" incidences under control that we could...it was still a great day! I really love that you guys have pretty much consistently said each year after coming home that "this vacation was your favorite yet"....:) It's good to know we keep getting better:)
Kramer. Kramer. Kramer.
Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.
Nice job on the pics!
ALL your beach pics are just amazing. There's something magical about taking pictures at the beach. They always turn out so much better there. ;) Loved hearing about all your fun.
Post a Comment