It was kinda yucky weather, but Amy shamed me into going to this "really fun flat spot on the beach just down form the house". It was cold and rainy, and I went anyway. I was glad Addy got to have some fun splashing around in this puddle-like thing, but the waves were close, and I didn't want to get wet, so my anxiety level was through the roof as I watched her run around. I was so glad when we finally headed back...
After we all came home and dried off, the weather improved and we headed to Siletz Bay. At first the tide was out and the kids were all whiny that there wasn't any water to play in...I thought the giant muddy sandbox would have held their attention...anyway, the tide came in and they played for a long time out in the water. We barbecued hot dogs, again, and had ourselves a little picnic. I had a pink Rockstar, so I even ran around a played a bit...we finished up with a trip to Eleanor's for an ice cream cone...
On to the outlet mall, where I spent too much money. Again.
Later that evening we headed over to the beach/park about a mile down the road. There were some great spots for pictures, but the kids totally ruined it. Trying to take a picture with all of them is a nearly impossible feat. I gave up pretty quickly. On our way back to the car Aubs fell and scraped her knee pretty bad, this time Aunt Lisa saved the day with band-aids.
Before we left on vacation Lisa wrote this really cool song for my day for Father's Day, so after a long day, all the kids got together and sang it to him. It was pretty awesome...
And then....I was putting Addy to sleep in the rocking chair...and she projectile vomited all over. It was so much puke. Just perfect right? I remember being covered in it, Steve laughing at Kent trying not to gag, and Lisa offering to help while letting me know she doesn't really do puke...good times...
I almost forgot, after the park but before the puke, Easton was making top ramen for himself and a few kids. It was so cute watching him read the directions, trying to go step by step. Aubrey had been upset about something, so when it was done Easton came over to tell her it was ready, and she said 'thank you Easton' and he said 'your welcome pops'...it just melted my heart. It is those little moments that I wish we remembered as much as the big ones...
Pictures....
I swear, she really was having fun...
Colton kept yelling at the ocean, egging it on to come and get them...
The kids could not stop smiling and laughing...
One dedicated photographer....
Siletz Bay- giant mud puddle, low tide
Sassy McFrassy...
And the tide came in...
*Side note* before we left for the bay, Colton's other front tooth was hanging by a thread. Kent tried to get him to let him pull it, but Colton refused. Steve walked by a few minutes later, convinced Colton he just needed to look at it, and yanked it out. Colton started to yell 'owe!', and Steve just said "here you go", handed his tooth back, and Colton said 'oh'. Done deal.**
She was scaring the birds...
Ice cream cones at Eleanor's...
And this, is Eleanor...in the bathroom they even have pictures of a teenage girl dressed as Eleanor in various beach settings...she however, did not forget her top...
Eleanor has games too...
Tyson won...it was a tight game...final score. 7 to 6
I can't even tell you how excited Sophie was about making a basket...
this is her telling graycie about how good she was doing....
This was at the beach park, where I could not get a good picture to save my life. Blasted kids... Colton made a stupid face pretty much every single time I tried to take his picture...
the kids were playing hide-n-seek
this is what I meant when I said it was impossible for me to get a good picture of them...just a few examples..
But I did get at least one good one...
1 comments:
Oh my gosh. We had the best vacation ever. Seriously tearing up right now. I want to go back so bad. Good posts, love all the little stories and details, can't believe sometimes how much I miss like Addie puking and Colton losing his second tooth, etc.
Post a Comment