So I have a little re-capping to do. I had every intention of blogging everyday on vacation, but I have been exhausted by the end of the day. And of course there is Addy. If I want to blog, it works best if she is occupied by a movie, but when she is occupied by a movie, the laptop is being used to play the movie...quite the pickle
Wednesday....
Me, Steve, Lisa, my mom, and Addy started our day off with a walk around the neighborhood. We met the kids and Amy and my dad down at the beach for a bit, and then headed back home to get cleaned up. Kent's ankle still sucked so while Aubs and Colton tagged along with my parents and the Landoni's, Kent, me, and Addy had the house to ourselves. After I got Adds down for a nap, we ordered some barbeque from BonePile. It was so freakin delicious. Kent got some crazy good Mexi-Moby burger and I had the combo plate. My mouth is watering just remembering it...Later, after everyone got back home, and my parents found Kent some crutches at goodwill, we all went down to the beach again. And for the first time since we got here Tuesday afternoon, Kent got to leave the house...We packed it up at the beach, and came home and made spaghetti with the sauce my grandma makes for us every year....all in all, we had a pretty chill day...
Kent had the best spot...
Oh, and Steve pulled Colton's snaggle tooth out at the Nike store! Hallelujah...I thought he would look better, but now the other one is loose and sitting in his mouth super crooked...
Thursday......
Today we headed down to Newport. We checked out the Science Center, and got to see them feed an octopus. Addy loved looking at the fish in the huge tanks. Aubrey and Colton seemed to be enjoying themselves until I shot down all of their hopes and dreams because I wouldn't get them anything at the gift shop. After that, we headed down to the Bay front for some sealions and some lunch. We ate at Geno's, and I was super brave and grown up and ordered fish tacos. And they were pretty awesome. And then I went a step further and tried Kent's halibut, and I really liked that too! We walked around a bit more, and headed down to Doodlebugs for some lollipops and ice cream cones. On the way back to our cars, we passed a novelty shop, and in the window they had some pictures of naked men with different sports paraphernalia in front of their crotch. Of course, the kids noticed it and couldn't quit staring and giggling. Then I heard Colton say, "get it, boys with balls?! you guys, get it, cuz they have balls!" It was pretty funny...and even more inappropriate, but ya know...whatevs! We came back to the house and relaxed a bit before we headed down to the beach again...because we were having our second sunny day in a row...
at the Science Center
this is Ursula the Octopus...Lisa of course got a way better picture of her...either way, she is still ugly.
Easton and Tyson were our passengers for the day...
All of us at Geno's
Aubs wouldn't smile because she mad about her chair or something...
Outside Doodlebugs...with a group this size, we didn't even attempt to get a really good picture...
Kent and his crutches making their way down down the bay....
Back at the beach....
they were wrestling and Colton shoved sand in Trenton's mouth...
Addy kept wanting Graycie to chase her everywhere...
these little princesses posed all over the beach...
Because it's so late, tomorrow I will blog about today...
2 comments:
So many things to comment on, I already forgot them all. Love, love, love seeing your pictures. That one of Kent and Colton looking at each other needs to go in a frame! Sounds like you've had a blast so far. Don't worry, I'm still here...holding down the fort.
I so would not enjoy dining out with that many kids. I would eat at the table with uncle and auntie, most definitely. And I can't help but notice that my heart grew, or maybe it skipped a beat, but really I think it just laughed, when I saw poor Kent hobbling down the sidewalk experiencing merely a fraction of the same things everyone else was experience, always 50 yards behind, and, to ad insult to ankle-injury, alone.
Post a Comment