Thursday, June 2, 2011

Holy shark bite Batman, my arse is killing me!  I have tortured myself with 3 mile walks for 3 days now.  I am so dedicated, I even walked in the rain today...and then when I came home and weighed myself...2 ounces heavier than yesterday...whatevs...Kent and I were talking tonight about my pain, and I was asking if he thinks I'll be better by the time we go on vacation...he said he wasn't sure, usually someone would feel better, but he has never been dormant so he's not sure how long it will take...I thought him referring to my life long lack of exercise as a body being dormant was pretty freakin funny...

When I get home from my walk, Aubs always takes my ipod and listens to Mama Mia, Dancing Queen, and Taylor Swift...it is definitely an experience to be had, listening to her belt out those songs...This afternoon she asked if she could go to my mom's, and when I said no, she got pretty mad at me.  She said I never let her do anything, I am always mean to her, 'fine, then I will just waste the battery on your ipod', she never gets to go anywhere, and on and on until I made her go in a room by herself. 

Tonight was Colton's first ever school play, called A Z Does It.  It was so cute!  He did such a good job.  And then Addy embarrassed me so bad.  Surprise right?  There was a heavier lady sitting in front of us, and Addison started beating her booty like a bongo drum.  We were all sitting on folding chairs, and when the lady turned around to talk to her, Addy just stared at her, the lady said something about having a lot of cushion back there and turned around.  So Addy proceeded to give her one stiff, final punch in the behind.  I seriously could have died.

Today Aubrey spent over half an hour watching the videos of sweet little Clara on facebook.  She asked me if she was still in the hospital and I said yes, then she asked 'Is that Kate's baby?'  and told her yes it was, and she said 'you gotta be kidding me'.  Then she watched them all again.

I'm surprised I feel so tired tonight.  I took a nap this afternoon...I thought maybe napping might not be the best way to reach my goal, but then I figured, if I'm sleeping at least I'm not eating.  I even picked out a smaller plate for dinner so it would look like I had more on my plate...I hate diety stuff

Pictures...

Colton at his play...






See his loose front tooth?  I tell him at least ten times a day how much it grosses me out...

6 comments:

Mallary said...

Three days in a row!!! Well done, my friend! I am so proud!

Joshua said...

I concur with MalMal! And holy shhhhi..ester batman the dormant comment was beyond freakin' funny!

Amy said...

Ah, such an all around good post...the wiggly tooth is disgust in that picture and the vest certainly doesn't help. I loved Aubs attitude, seriously, where does she come up with stuff like, "I'll just waste your battery,"?!?! And Addie and the bongo drums, loved it on a really not sure I should have loved it level. I did feel embarrassed for you also though as I read it.

Little Clara is becoming an internet sensation at our house as well. They love to look at her pictures and talk like we really know her. Sophie also discovered NieNie this week and we've been looking at her pictures and talking about her a lot.

So, when I saw that you used a Batman phrase I had to go back and see what I had commmented because I had typed out "Holy Shark bite, Batman," but then couldn't make it work and erased it. After seeing you use that line I had to check to see if I had left it and forgot. Holy coincedince Batman. I'm not gonna look up how to spell that work for real, I'm too lazy.

Shayla said...

Oh my gosh, I was going to email you and tell you how completely adorable Colton was at the play. I kept looking over at him, because he was just so animated and happy. He knew all those words and hand movements and did every one with vigor. Seriously, so cute. I looked for you, but you must have been on the other side of the room lost in the crowd. We got there an hour early (seriously!) and so got seats up front on Natalie's side of the room. The one time they actually put us in a room with more seating and we get there so early my butt was killing me by the time it was over after sitting for almost two hours on those metal chairs. At least yours is hurting for a good reason. ;) Congrats on 3 miles, 3 days. You rock.

Alicia Leppert said...

I don't often laugh out loud when I read--anything--but I was rolling at the Addie/butt/bongo story. You told it so perfectly, I could picture it exactly. Priceless.

Alicia Leppert said...

And I just realized I spelled her name wrong and I'm a little bit mortified. I'm gonna go ahead and blame it on the head cold migraine.