Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Holy cow, I am an idiot.  Yesterday I decided to set a very realistic goal of losing 5 pounds in the 2 weeks before vacation.  Totally doable.  So this morning I got up and walked 3 miles.  I got home feeling all good and invigorated, I was all like 'I got this'.  Now the only thing 'I got' is one sore @#%, 2 sore legs and an over worked body.  After my walk we went to the mall, Costco, and Walmart.  I didn't take this many steps in all of May.  But, tomorrow, I'm gonna be up and at 'em again...keep me in your prayers....I hope this will be the noticeable kind of 5 pounds, and not just the water weight kind...is 5 pounds even noticeable at all?  Either way, I'm gonna tell myself it is, at least I'll be half way to noticeable right?

Side note...Mallary ruined my life tonight by telling me that 1 stick of butter has 800 calories.  I know I'll manage to get over it, like the next time there is cake, but holy crap that is disgusting...

After all the running around today Mallary came over and we went to dinner to talk about 'Saving CeeCee Honeycutt'...Kent and the girls went too, I know he is quiet, but wow, I don't think for the first 45 minutes I heard him speak a word.  Then we started talking about running and half marathons and stuff,  and low and behold, he spoke.  I have no idea why he didn't want to talk about a twelve year old girl and the amazing women in her life in Savannah, Georgia....

Mal painted the girls toes and fingers, played Candyland and Chutes and Ladders, and danced with them ...I laid there willing my body to stop hurting...Then we made some jokes about my exercising, talked about why it has taken us so long to finally attempt a healthier life and watched The Voice.  I had so much fun hanging out with her.  I think that every time she comes over and always wonder why we don't do it more often.  Mal, I hope you realize how much Kent likes you, he wouldn't have gone to dinner with me and just anyone, and then hung out with us after that.  That right there, means he doesn't think you are annoying, and that is a feat in itself...

It was a good day, and now I am glad it is over...I am looking forward to sleeping through the physical pain...

Picture...

I feel like my lower half ran straight into one of these...and it's only my first day...I've heard it won't be better anytime soon...I'll have to take their word on that, since I don't typically make it past that first day...

2 comments:

Mallary said...

I loved this post. Yes, mostly because a good portion was about me, but also because you crack me up. Seriously. The picture of the tree made me laugh out loud! I think we should hang out more everytime we hang out too! And I'm glad I'm not annoying to the self proclaimed "easily annoyed" Kent.

Alicia Leppert said...

Wow! You go girl! (Yeah, I just said that.) I'm not sure what to make of this new trying-to-be-healthy Rachael. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little freaked out right now. No, but fo reals, that's awesome. I've been walking too, with my sister and mom, so maybe we'll get skinny together. I so wanted to say that with a straight face. One can dream, right?