Saturday was rainy and the wedding was that day, so we headed to Newport and went to Ripley's Believe It or Not. Of course no event is complete with out someone being upset right? Colton was none to happy with Kent and I when we told him he couldn't leave Ripley's to go to the aquarium with my mom. But alas, a few exhibits in, and his attitude did a 180. The best part of the whole thing was the dance room where your body images show up on a big screen. Addy went nuts dancing, it was pretty hysterical to watch...we breezed through there listening to Steve say he just paid $12 to Not believe it. We made it out before everyone else cause we didn't read anything pretty much...the kids got to pick out a super long pencil from the gift shop and we headed over to the Undersea Gardens to meet up with my mom. There was a diver show that started a bit after that, so we sent Aubs and Colton with my mom and a few other grand kids and tried a new place for lunch. The setting was pretty cool, you could look right out on to the dock where the sea lions lay and watch the coming and goings of many boats. The food however? Disgust. The fish tacos were on special, so when Steve, Lisa, Easton, Amy, Jason, and Carson met up with us, everyone but Jason went with the cheap fish tacos. Holy crap, they were gross. For the next 2 days, every time I felt even the slightest of anything out of the ordinary I swore it was the fish tacos. They were seriously chopped up fish, marinara sauce, and a tortilla. I can't even think about them now days later.
We all packed up in our cars and headed over to The Sand Castle toy store. Where most of us talked our kids into waiting to get a toy at Fred Meyer where it's cheaper. It"s still fun to go, and you can find some pretty cool stuff, but when they were mostly interested in nerf type stuff, we figured Freddies could save us a couple bucks. So that led us to our next stop. It took Colton awhile to decide what he was getting because he couldn't pick what he wanted until Easton did, so they could get the exact same thing. They ended up with some off brand, clunky dart guns for $9.99...I think they played with them for maybe an hour....whatevs...
After that it was dinner from Bonepile Barbecue...so so so good...and then we hung out around home because of the weather...Addy kept running back and forth on the wet deck and wiped out a few times...so did a few other kids...
Pictures...
I hardly took any pictures this day.....
this is Colton's image in the dance room at Ripley's...
Addy watching Max and Ruby at the restaurant with the freak nasty fish tacos...
the unsuspecting diners...
1 comments:
I don't believe it. And I paid $0. Sucka Steve!
Post a Comment