***disclaimer-I wrote this last night, but I forgot to ask for the wi-fi security code, so it is just a little late***
I started my day at about 6:00am. I couldn’t keep sleeping when I knew how far behind I was on packing. Shortly after I was up, Kent came home from playing basketball….with a humongous ankle. He sprained it on some other guy’s foot. Not a great start to the day…and for that matter, it ain’t such a pretty ending either.
We got out of town somewhere between 10 and 11 I think, and we only had to stop once for a potty break! That is a record for me…On the way down we pointed out the dams, and the wind surfer, but the thing the kids got the most excited about were the trains. And we saw a ton.
We headed straight to Washington Square Mall, as is tradition now, and I was in awe of all of the stores I knew I would not be able to peruse through with three children and a gimp. But, I did end up with some new make-up, a sweatshirt, and 3 happy campers…Aubrey left with a new set of princesses and a girl Thumper (after we went back and exchanged the dalmation), Addy left with a stuffed Bullseye and Jessie t-shirt, and Colton picked out a pretty sweet lego towel and some Star Wars legos. Kent left with an even bigger ankle.
We finished up with lunch at The Cheesecake Factory…Colton hated his pizza, Aubrey refused to try her bowtie pasta, and Addy shoved the bread on her fingers. I happily fell off the diet wagon in to a big bowl of four cheese pasta. And bread. And strawberry cheesecake.
After the mall we came over to my Aunt and Uncle’s and waited for them to get home. Katie had a piano recital I was sad we missed. But with a 2 year old tornado and a cripple, things didn’t go as planned. Finally the time arrived and they all made it home. It was such a nice evening. The kids had fun with the cousins, and Kent and I enjoyed talking with everybody. Every time I come here, which isn’t that often, I always tell myself we should come to visit way more than we do. I always have the best time.
So tomorrow we are on to Lincoln City…
Oh, and this post wouldn't be complete with out me giving honorable mention to my sister and nephew. A few minutes after I asked Kent if he remembered his phone, I realized I forgot mine. So one phone call later, Amy and Spencer went to retrieve my phone...thanks a mil, I feel incomplete without it...
And just an FYI…I dieted for 2 weeks, exercised for 2 weeks, and lost a total of….no pounds. Boo. I guess a weight loss goal isn’t nearly as attainable as blogging every day. Who’da thought…and the interesting thing I happened upon on my walk this morning was…a lady was parked in the middle of the road trying to keep a cat away from eating a bird, and the little bird just kept running all around the road, and so did the cat…
Picture....
Outside my Aunt and Uncle's House....
2 comments:
I think I could hear you make nine hundred more references to Kent's ankle and it would never get old. I love it. Oh, and you might have the cutest kids ever.
Wow, I didn't know you guys were so busy at our house before we got there! Great photos!
Post a Comment