Sunday, June 19, 2011

Friday

Friday....

This morning, we got up and went on a walk again.  This time we were accompanied by Easton, Colton, Trenton, Spencer, and Tyson.  It slowed down our pace a bit, but added entertainment and trash talking.  We ended up finding a cool spot I want to take the kids to, to take some pictures.  By the time we got back home we had walked 2.4 miles, the kids did really good, I had my doubts when I realized Trenton was wearing his crocks, but no one complained....Colton just started challenging my mom about how he could walk further than she can...

We got back and rushed around to get ready to go to Devils Lake.  The sun was shining, so the kids put on their suits and we packed up the little bbq, and some snacks and ended up being there for a good chunk of the day.  I have no idea how those kids swim in that water and run all around, half the time those of us sitting dry in the sand are cold from the breeze coming off the lake.  We headed up to the park for a bit, but there was way more people than usual, so I didn't think it was as fun as it has been in the past.  Good thing the kids don't mind...

After that we headed to the Outlet Mall where I spent way too much money on kid clothes.  Colton was born to shop, he wants to find something at every store, and when he can't get something, he full on pouts.  I'm trying to teach him not to be such an impulse buyer....we'll see how that works out....about half way through it was decided that the kids needed a little break so we headed over to the snack shop.  The funniest thing happen...so, there is this little asian lady that works there, and when Colton went up to the counter to look at the different ice cream flavors, the short little asian lady looked at him through the big ice cream case glass and said 'wha you wan kid?'  Colton turned around and looked at me like "what?"  Lisa and I quote this pretty much all day.  It was hilarious.

Later that evening the kids were headed down to the beach with my parents, and I noticed Aubs walking back up the road crying.  I ran over to pick her up and realized her flip-flop was covered in blood from this gash at the tip of her toe.  I was so grossed out, I can't handle skip flap injuries.  Thank goodness Aunt Amy had band-aids...3 band-aids later we were laying down with an ice pack and Tangled on.  Aubs called Denice and chatted for a bit, and then she had a full recovery and was off limping around with all of the kids.

This year it has felt a little different at the duplex. There is a wedding planned for Saturday, so there has been a ton of people here at Beachcombers.  I don't like it.  Because they take up all the limited parking.

Pictures.....
















She didn't want out, but she didn't want to swing, and she kept saying "wee"...we weren't sure what to do











I could hear Carson at the top saying 'I wan hold Aubsth han'

0 comments: