Friday, June 10, 2011

So, today I jogged.  Like a lot.  For reals.  Like so much that I cut my time by 7 MINUTES!  Holla!  It's like I don't even know myself anymore.  Today the weird thing I noticed on my walk...ok, so you know how the development is surrounded by cheap, jank, fence that's always broken?  Today as I walked/jogged down Rd 84, there was a little girl with her head sticking out of it.  You could only see her head, nothing else, and she just kept looking this way, then that way...

Today we went to Easton's 5th grade graduation.  I took Colton out of school early so he could go too.  My parents were there, Lisa's mom, Amy and kids, my grandma...we basically took up a whole row of seats.  And I think Easton was pretty pleased when he walked into the gym and saw all of us.  Addy of course didn't disappoint in the 'please embarrass me' department.  After it was over, my grandma treated us to ice cream at IHop...where Addy was pleased to be the biggest nuisance there as well.  Yay for me.

After that the kids and I headed over to Denice's and took a quick swim.

It was a good day.

When we got home Colton pulled out all of his school stuff.  This was definitely my favorite story from his writing journal....titled Me and My Dad "Me and my dad like to go to the mall to buy shoes and look at shoes.  Me and my dad love Jordans.  They have good deals.  All I where Jordans and my dad does too but we try not to get them dirty because they cost a lot of money.  And we stay late at the mall.  We stay tell ten aclok and then we go home.  Me and my dad a fun night it was.  Awesome!  And then I go to bed."  After I read through his books I noticed he wrote about Kent a few more times, but never me.  So I asked him why he never writes stories with me in them, and he totally looked like a deer in the headlights.  Like he didn't know exactly what to say...

My parents left today.  It feels weird when they are out of town.  Because they are always just here....

Picture...

6th grade next year?  Seriously?  Wasn't I just tickling his tummy and teaching him how to make monkey noises yesterday?


One of my favorite beach pictures to date....

2 comments:

Amy said...

So now your a jogger. And we should order up a quick DNA test because there is no way we can be sisters anymore. And a 7 minute time reduction? Ah hell. If it wasn't vacation in a couple days I would be all over trying to start my own exercise plan, I can't let you be the only one...we were always fat together.

WV- mogesse...how Tyson would point out that there's more geese..."hey, theres mogesse over there," in that super cutie voice he has.

Alicia Leppert said...

Um...maybe that should be, like, your most favorite picture EVER. Because it's mine now, and it's not even my kid. Or my dad. Seriously, it almost melted my heart of stone into a puddle.

If it makes you feel any better, when Branson was that age me, my mom, Alison and Amy were at ihop and Branson was a total nightmare the entire time. He pushed over a table. Like, over, onto the ground. Water, syrup, everything all over the floor. And it was Amy's birthday.

You were so cute walking down Chapel Hill in your basketball shorts with your headphones! I'm not even kidding, when I first saw you, I thought, "Who's that cute shortie girl walking?" And then when I got closer I was all, "No way! It's Rachael!" And then I thought about how skinny you're gonna be soon and I'll still be...not.

WV: rehea. I need to stop eating so much sugar cause it keeps giving me di rehea.