So Monday we decided we would venture back inland for a bit and hike up to a waterfall we had gone to back before Amy and I were married and Easton was just a baby. It's right outside of Tillamook. On our way there, we stopped in Otis to check out a covered bridge we thought might be a good place to take some pictures. By the time we got there Addy was already sleeping, and by the time we left Kent ended up deeming me the Picture Nazi. Is it really too much to ask to take a few normal pictures??? Sheesh...
By the time we got to the hike starting point, I was about to wet my pants, so we all loaded back up and headed to the Cheese Factory. But not before I got to witness Easton relieving himself right next to all our cars...
The Cheese factory was a quick stop...Steve and Lisa wanted to go try the Air Museum Cafe, so we headed there next, while Aubrey repeated over and over and over "I have to go potty", and I repeated, "You should have gone at the Cheese Factory, you are just going to have to wait". The food was pretty good, and by the time lunch was over we were lulled by the reasonable admission price to the inside of the museum. It was pretty sweet. I spent the majority of the time trying to get cool pictures...I got a few...the kids had a lot of fun... Steve likes to tell the story about Kent and him being in one of the display rooms reading some of the WW2 facts, and Kent said something about the 'dirty japs' when a man of Asian decent was standing close behind them...
After being there for forever, we ventured back to the waterfall. It was a pretty little hike, thank goodness, since I had to carry Addy the whole way up. But even though it was small, and some trees had fallen up near the top, so we couldn't get that close, it was still time well spent. Kent said it was one of his favorite parts...
We decided to drive back the Three Capes way, and were pleasantly surprised by the gorgeous views. We stopped at Sand Lake, since Kent and Jason had never been and saw a deer...the kids thought that was pretty cool...and then we discovered Pacific City. The perfect surfing beach. We all stopped for a few minutes, and decided we were definitely coming back the next day.
So on to Neskowin to eat at the Hawk Creek Cafe. They make some of the best pizza ever. It's pretty tiny inside, but across the parking lot there is a big patch of grass and some picnic tables so we set up camp there..I wish I had some of that pizza right now...Oh, and the most memorable parts of this stop were, Amy taking Sophie to the bathroom in the restaurant, leaving Carson with everyone, and then all of us realizing we didn't know where he was, only to discover he had made his way across the parking lot, into the restaurant, and down the hall where he knocked on the bathroom door to find his mom. And, Steve smashing his bare butt on Spencer's car window...Kent was dying, I missed it...and I'm ok with that...
Pictures....
The covered bridge...well around it anyway....
I always have to remind Kent to smile...
Amy was trying so hard to get a picture with her kids...
it never really worked out...
Colton wouldn't really cooperate either...
The Buch-an-ans across the bridge...there was a sign that said foot traffic only, and Steve totally drove over it
Addy napping, missed the whole muddy thing...
At Tillamook...
At the Air Museum...
I know it's crappy lighting, and their faces are kinda funny, but I still love this one...
And this of course, was the plane that got the most attention from the 3 boys...Colton couldn't wait to show me, giggling the whole way...
Hiking up to the waterfall....
Hugest leaf ever...
Total spaz, he looks like this in over half his pictures...
Addy fell...of course...
The deer at Sand Lake
Pacific City...
Back at the house...
I think with a little editing, I ended up with some pretty good pics this day....
3 comments:
Best picture post ever. You rock. Thanks for making me laugh.
inurkedu- I'm so sad I got this for a WV because I'm sure someone much cleverest than me could have used it.
Ohhh...we were just there and why is it over already?!! I could smell the air again at the bridge...and I relived the moment I stepped out of our car and Kent called you the picture Nazi! hahaaa...within just moments of seeing you and Amy seething with your cameras...I deemed Kent right on!! hahaaa...How can any mother really think they could expect anything less than kids throwing rocks when there's water!
Why aren't there any pictures of that??? I have some:)
Once again...even tho I was there I love love love your pictures:)
Looking at this post for a second time today, I am amazed at all the killer pictures and clever ways you make them make sense. Like the one of just my legs and my arms...most people would have deleted that one but you used it and it makes me laugh all the time. Spencer had to have a little Father-Son talk today when Jason caught him staring at the Blonde Boobied Bombshell. Nice one.
Post a Comment