I am exhausted. Kent and I were out of the house by 6:15 this morning. And I went to bed some time between 1 and 2. When I set my alarm it said it was set to go off in 3 hrs 20 min. Dread. But surprisingly, the idea of heading out of town with my husband and no kids, gave me just the spurt of energy I needed. And then somewhere past the Mercantile I realized I forgot my camera. I was sick to my stomach with disappointment. I'm still not over it. Oh, and we forgot our chairs too. We were total amateurs.
Anyway, we made it to the game and within the first 2 minutes I had my first of 3 trips to crap filled port-a-potties. Literally. There wasn't one that wasn't over flowing. I almost gagged. More than once.
Kent and his brothers named themselves Crust. I think it bar far the worst team name ever. It just grosses me out. They started the day undefeated, and went all the way to the end losing only one game and taking home The Championship in the division. Kent had some pretty sweet blocks and made a ton of 3's. I guess that's what I call 'em...they were outside shots, but they were only worth 2 points...eh, I'm crap at sports knowledge. The last two teams they played were total dirt bags. It got a little/a lot physical...but mostly, I don't think anyone of the boys on either team ever stopped talking straight up garbage to each other. And after watching 2 games of it, I have to admit, I did a little talking of my own. I think I'm gonna have to be medicated when Colton gets older playing sports. Kent's gonna have to slip me a happy pill before we go. The intensity and douchy-ness of certain teams is way more than I can handle.
But all drama aside, I had a great day with Kent....we even held hands walking down the sidewalk...
I still can't believe I forgot my camera...
Picture...
The one and only I got with my phone...I thought it was awesome that Ryan had jerseys made for Colton and Mav...right before I started yelling at the other team, I was lecturing Colton on how he could only shout out positive, encouraging things to his dad and uncles, good sportsmanship type stuff...I guess I missed the lesson on teaching by example...
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Posted by Rachael at 11:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment