Aubrey...
-this morning when I was getting dressed Aubs asked me why I had potion, I looked up and she was holding one of little perfume bottles...I thought it was pretty cute
-today she had a preschool field trip to Coach Brett's gym...I had the best time driving there with her as we sang our hearts out to the Taylor Swift cd...I love that she tries to sing along with the songs I like..
-on our way home from the gym we stopped at the thrift store and picked up some 'new' VHS tapes, we actually found Sleeping Beauty, so she was pretty stoked. Then we went and picked up Taco Bell and had lunch with Colton at school. It was such a great start to the day...
-at the stop light on Argent and Rd 84 there is a bunch of chickens and one day she heard the rooster...ever since we have to roll the window down to see if she could hear it again. The first few times we lucked out and he always cock-a-doodle-dooed, but then we didn't hear him for a few days. Yesterday we/she realized that if she tries her best to sound like a rooster, he answers back. She was so excited, and when we showed Colton after school he told her maybe she said something to him...and that probably made her whole week...
-every time we get out of the car she asks me if she can 'take a honk' meaning can she honk the horn...I have no idea why she asks like that...
Colton...
-today after school he had Payson come over...the girls and I were in the front yard and I decided to go get a blanket and a few pillows to lay on. I don't know why, but he thought that was such a novelty or something. So him and Payson went inside to get their own blankets and pillows, and webkinz...when they first laid down I heard Payson say 'awe, this is the life...'cracked me up...then Colton asked me if we had a radio we could bring outside, Payson said he had one so they went down to get it, and when they came back they got it all set up and sat on their blankets and started singing the A-Z Does it songs from their upcoming first grader play...seriously the cutest thing....
-so, a little while later we went down to my moms with Payson in tow and hung out for awhile. Trenton and Spencer were there too...yeah, everything was fine for a little while, but of course drama insued eventually...I think we seemed to get over it ok...when I asked Payson if he was still glad he came he said yes...I don't know what is so hard about running around and playing without fighting and tattling and, and, and....no one seemed scarred anyway...
-when we got home, I told Colton I wanted to talk to him, and had him come sit across from me. I talked to him for quite awhile about how to treat people, the importance of being kind, how to better handle a situation, stuff like that...he sat there and didn't say anything, didn't roll his eyes...he was respectful, and listened, and I think he got a little teary eyed when I did, when I was telling him how much I love him...it was like my birthday and Christmas all rolled into one...I was so proud of him...I really hope he was listening...and remembers at least something...
Addison-
-she didn't spill anything today that I am aware of...
-she broke my heart in two pieces when she fell to the floor crying because Aubrey and I were leaving without her
-the other morning when I was still in bed, her and Aubrey were laying by me...Aubs had her hand on my back, and Addy was not having it. She started getting mad, and then she crawled up on my back, spread herself out completely and yelled at Aubrey "my mom!"...I thought she was quite the clever little one...thin line between clever and naughty....
Picture....
Aubs at the park looking at the fish in the pond...
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Posted by Rachael at 1:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Know what I love about this post???? EVERYTHING. If I could cry, I probably would've a little. Seriously...what a great start to my day...thanks Rach. ;)
Ditto that, Lisa, except it's the end of my day.
Post a Comment