I was supposed to get my hair colored today. But Kent went golfing.
I was supposed to go to lunch with the girl in-laws today. But Kent went golfing.
I was going to treat myself to new shirt from Target. But Kent went golfing.
Why the h does golfing have to take so long?
This morning Colton asked if we were going to go to the WSU baseball game, and I said no I didn't think so, it sounded like it was gonna cost too much money...his reply was, 'I bet it wouldn't cost too much if just me and grandpa went'....So of course a story that cute earned him a spot at the game with my parents and Easton.
This afternoon, when Kent was finally done golfing, a million hours later, we went out to Ice Harbor Pub and Brewery for a birthday get together for a friend of Kent's. The prime rib dip was pretty good, but mostly it was just nice to be out with my husband, and have no children in tow. Thank you Denice for watching the girls...
Tonight when my parents brought Colton home they came in for a bit. After I lost the argument with my dad about American Idol being on tonight, we all watched it together. I looked over and saw Colt sitting on my dad's lap, and it reminded me of how many countless times I sat on my grandpa's lap. Being in the golf store today made me think of him too...I miss him, and love him, and know how lucky I was to have him for a grandpa...I'm glad my kids are having the same opportunities with their grandparents as well. I feel super blessed that all of the grandparents live right here.
So, I thought I would have a little American Idol Finale gathering on Thursday. A kinda bring a treat/snack and come on ova kinda thing. Turns out it's on tomorrow and the only 2 people I invited so far are 2 of my cousins and I said Thursday. Here's the skinny, if anyone feels up to it, I'd love to have you, if not, or if you don't read this...then oh well. I will be pulling for Lauren...or maybe not because the "Maybe it was Memphis" dress was so disgust, I could hardly even hear her voice...
Picture...
Why can't these last all summer long...lilacs are one of my favorite smells ever...when we went to the park you could smell them so strong....
And I am officially back on track...no resolution lost...in my eyes anyway, and they are the ones that count...
3 comments:
Lilacs always make me think of my mom. The look, the smell...she's always had them all over her yard.
So cute, Colton's little story gaining him a spot at the game with his grandparents. I love grandparents for that very reason. They never say no, and they don't need to. That's our job.
So I'm totally pumped about tomorrow night, as long as a) I'm feeling better from this stupid cold I'm getting, and b) Bill isn't super sad and offended if I go watch it over there, since we always watch it together. I'll let you know.
WV: talica. Have you ever met talica? (Get it? Mettalica? Ok, I know that's not how it's spelled, throw me a frickin' bone.)
We missed you at lunch Rach, I love how you picked the day the time the place.... and then didn't come... haha We need to plan another one before we move!
I thought about your AI party that night and wondered if you missed anything because of the black-out. Hope the party still went on, without a hitch. Lilacs are my favorite. I have a gigantic lilac bush in our new house and it just makes me smile. I wish they'd bloom all summer long.
Post a Comment