Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Going on Record

I would like to clarify something...as I reread my post, I know I said I could understand why Colton could be perceived as mean,  after talking about with Amy a little today, she pointed out a few things I didn't really care to hear, obviously...but here is the thing, Colton is not a mean kid.  He is learning boundaries...too often he takes the trash talking way too far, he laughs when people get hurt, he laughs when he is in trouble...but he also helps his grandma's and he tells me he loves me everyday when he leaves for school...and I think sometimes I don't noticed the snarky things he says, because he is a product of his environment...as a family we tease, and trash talk, and I laugh at people too...so I believe given time, and some experience, Colton will be a pretty consistently nice kid...because he is nice already...and I love him, and I see so much of Kent and I in him...so he has to be at least half perfect, right...I don't know why I feel the need to justify anything, but it's my blogournal, and so it's therapeutic, and it's bugging me...still...HE'S A NICE KID DAMN IT! 

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so sorry I played devil's advocate today with you. I know that while we love to recognize the negatives of our children, we don't need others to point them out. I was just caught up the irony of the 'so and so is mean...' whilst being mean themselves. His filter will grow as he grows, let's just hope it out grows his pride. Dang it, that wasn't very nice, was it? Seriously though, I hope I didn't egg on the mama bear in you today, I love Schmolt even if he can't stand my house.

wv- chappurs- Go get yur chappurs on and kick some arse.

Dani said...

For the record, I love that little Colton and all of his berry picking goodness, even though for most of his life he called me Daniel.

Dlovesocks said...

I totally get where you're coming from. It's one thing to be annoyed or upset with something your child has done. It's quite another to listen to someone else talk about your children's faults. Let me just say, Colton is a good boy. He's very sweetie to children that are younger than he, he's so good to help me when I need it, he wants to be good and obey the rules, and he's always good for a hug and a "love you". He's a sweetie peatie and I love him!