Everyday I think, man I didn't even eat dinner(or some other meal), why I am fitting so snuggly in my clothes? And then I remind myself of the multiple pieces of cake I have had recently and go, huh...that must be why...
Everyday I swear I am going to clean my upstairs.
Everyday I swear I am going to do the laundry.
Every day I vow to not lay on the couch all morning
Everyday I promise myself I will go to bed at a reasonable hour
Everyday I stuff the anxiety of being a loser housewife deep down under all of the cake I keep eating
Everyday I intend on starting an exercise regime'
Everyday I tell myself, you will cook dinner tonight
Everyday I fail at all of the above....
Everyday I grow more thankful I am so comfortable with failure....
now repeat...but maybe one day, one of those things will come true...maybe...
Picture....
I'll have what she is having...to drowned all my sorrows...
Today at Graycie's softball game, the wind started up all of a sudden, and twice the dirt in the air was so thick I couldn't see Aubrey...it was crazy...
3 comments:
Ah, man. Google did it to me again. It couldn't post my comment and I couldn't remember the trick Josh told me about.
I think I was just saying how I live your post minus the cake, add in any and all other kinds of junk food. That I thought of you guys when the storm hit and how wigged out Carson was by it telling us that monsters were trying to shut doors down the hallway (there were no windows open down there so I'm not sure what that was all about). I jokingly called you a loser for calling me a rehab looking loser and I think I finished up with my word veri (shouse) telling you that yoush should come shover to my shouse shoon, i'm getting lonely. Only all of it was funnier the first time I wrote it.
Oh yea, and I pointed out that I'm writing this at 5:30 am as I eat frozen yogurt trying to rid myself of the morning cold syndrome but it's not working. Ugh.
So glad I'm not the only one.
Yeah, me too. Failure has now made my expectations so low about myself, that I'm starting to feel proud if I can just accomplish one of those things on the list...per week. ;) Maybe it's a good thing after all, right? We all need a boost to that ol' self-esteem meter. And who needs to accomplish that much in one day, anyway? Nate and I like to whisper under our breath "overachiever" whenever we see someone accomplishing something. It makes us feel better about ourselves.
Post a Comment