Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So, I am kinda over this blogging every day thing...

This morning I made Kent his first strawberry-rhubarb pie of the season.  And when he didn't eat a piece right away, I was annoyed.  So of course I made some snarky comment.  And then when he did eat a piece, it felt like he only ate a piece because I said something, and that was annoying.  The whole thing is stupid, and I know that, so why is it still just as annoying?  Why can't I just get over myself...

This afternoon I went to lunch at a friends house to celebrate Alicia finishing her book...I had a really nice time, and a nice break from my kids, and adult conversation...it still always feels kinda weird to go places and do things without Amy and/or Lisa....

This evening Colton had a baseball game.  I finally took my camera, and Addy fell asleep in the car...

After the game we headed to my parents for some dinner and ice cream cake for Easton's birthday.  On the way to my parents house, One Republic's song Apologize was on, and Colton asked me what 'it's to late to apologize' meant...I explained that it's like if a friend did something really mean to you, even if they said sorry, you weren't going be their friend anymore, because even when you apologize, if you have done something really bad, it's to late to really fix it...Sophie chimed in and said, 'ya even sometimes my dad bees mean to me, and I still like him'  then Colton said 'oh, I thought it meant if someone did something really bad and you called the cops or something...'

We got home way to late, and I hope Colton gets up in the morning without giving me crap....


Pictures...

I took these pictures from the outfield, all the way zoomed in so I could stay by the car with a sleeping Addy...


I think it looks like he is going to run right into the fence...

At bat he had 2 hits, a strike out, and a walk...he of course told  my dad that he missed his 2 amazing hits...modesty much?

I think it looks like the ball is gonna get him right in the goods...good thing he spends so much time getting his cup just right...

When I was taking pictures the girls came over and were picking "flowers"


I know she looks a little wide-eyed, and by a little I mean super duper, but Aubrey kept stepping right in front of her...so this is as good as it got...

Even though Addy looked like this for the better part of the baseball game, she woke up with a vengeance...she cried and whined for a least 15 minutes after she woke up....

So finally, I was actually sitting close, and Addy wouldn't let me put her down...Kent took these, he thought they would all be blurry, but I think he did pretty good...even though he didn't eat the pie I made him within an acceptable time frame...whatevs...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Dude get your to and toos right. I won't be able to keep reading otherwise. I just want you TO know that I would eat your pies anytime. TOO soon would not be soon enough.

WV-ovesi. When i go to Hawaii, I will fly ovesi.

Shayla said...

Yeah, so, I'm not over the whole "you blogging every day thing" so you can't stop, k? K. How is it that they can look so peaceful and sweet when asleep and then can turn into little hellions once they're awake? I swear it's that whole evolution thing...make them cute so we'll keep having more and not kill them while they're young. ;) I totally get mad at Nate over stupid stuff like that all the time. It's like while you're sitting there doing something for him, you keep thinking how great you are and how happy he's going to be, that you get your expectations too high and then no matter how vehemently he expresses his love for what you've done, it'll never compare to what you've built up in your head. Totally get that. Besides, can they really ever give us enough praise for all we do? Really? I don't think so...

Dlovesocks said...

I'm so sad that I didn't know Colton had a game tonight. I was relaxing pulling weeds. I coulda pulled weeds at his game. I finished Winter Garden. I love, love it! Do you have my Matched book?