Sunday, May 8, 2011

I am tired of my face looking like the before pictures in a Proactive ad....

The kids gave me Mother's Day flowers today.  Colton told me he picked yellow tulips for me because he remembered how much I liked the yellow tulips at Grandma Doni's house...it made my day...and of course when I told him how much I loved them, Aubrey had to remind me that the flowers she got me were really pretty too...

Today we had a little get together with Kent's family at the Library park.  I was walking around with Colton, Maverick, and Aubrey when Colton said "hey, can you hear that?"  I stopped and listened, and could hear 'I'm Proud to be an American' playing at a wedding reception across the way...I told him yeah, and he said "it's Mexican music"  Huh....maybe....not so much...

Kimmie had her 21st birthday party at my house today...She bought everything you could ever think of, minus the alcohol of course...but she did have a few mixed drinks like, 'safe sex on the beach'  and beer pong with cream soda.  It was super fun and Kim, Mallary, Lisa, me, and Kent are still going strong at 12:16...or at least we are still going...

Picture...

Aubs at the park today...birthday pics to come....Happy Birthday Kimmie!

3 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my gosh, this post wins the award for every paragraph making me laugh. Your Proactive comment, Aubrey having to remind you her flowers were pretty, Colton thinking a song about American pride was Mexican music, safe sex on the beach...pure comedy. Thanks for the middle-of-the-night-almost-morning laugh!

Dlovesocks said...

Love, love the pic of Aubs. I covet your camera!

Shayla said...

When I read this last week, I realized that you were probably at that park when I was at the library. There were quite a few parties going on there that day. What is it with being 30 and having acne like a teenager?! It's so wrong. At least when I was a teenager I was skinny and stupid. Now I'm just fat and I know it. With acne. Sigh.