Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ok, so I have I always considered myself a realistic mother.  I can see my childrens faults and shortcomings, and when talking with other people that I know like/love my kids I can totally talk about it.  I have had many a conversation about the things I can only hope my kids will grow out of...I don't know if it's just because I have been feeling so irritated lately, or what, but today when I was informed that one of my kids wasn't invited to a party because said child is 'mean and bossy' I was so...ugh...I could care less if my kid gets invited to the party, but mama bear does not want to know that is what one kid told another...my kiddo, said it didn't matter, didn't want to go anyway...so no feelings hurt, but it has just bugged me all freakin day.  It's partially because I know this child could be perceived this way, at least the mean part, but aren't all kids a little mean?  Aren't they all without a filter to some degree?  Am I justifying?  No, I really don't think so.  I adore my kid, so poo on whoever doesn't....and this story was totally about Colton...for posterity's sake...

This afternoon Amy and I hung out with our kids at my moms for awhile.  I snapped 177 pictures...I'm thinking of a word that rhymes with shmexcess  anyway, here are a few of my favorites....or a lot of my favorites...whatevs...











I told him to put the bucket on his head..so he did...






I think I really captured Addy's emotions  in this picture...

3 comments:

Joshua said...

wv: pluperr: If the meanie you referenced was Addy, I'd say pluperr down and teacherr a lessonerr two. But alas you announced it was colton...for posterrity's sake.

Amy said...

love the pics. especially the supergirl running ones. and the bucket-on-the-head ones. crazy cuteness.

Shayla said...

Oh my gosh, I love all your pics and they're not even my kids! Addy's hair is so cute and that look on her face, I totally relate...seconds before a shove to the cousin. Awesome. And the bucket head. You can't be a true kid until you've run around with a bucket on your head, right? I completely relate to your feelings about Colton and what other people say. I think people should be very careful when talking about other people's children. There's a fine line between understanding that your kid has "issues" and having someone else understand it...then point it out to you. Kenzie has always been a difficult child, difficult around other people, difficult to make happy, difficult to please, difficult, difficult, difficult... We appease many of her "issues" because we understand her, we "get" what makes her tick and how to make life just easier overall for everyone. That said, other people often see our "helping" her out as "spoiling". Sometimes people just suck. She's also been called a brat, picky, etc. I call her that, too, but that doesn't mean I like it when other people call her that, right?