Monday, May 2, 2011

It was such a nice day, and I spent it feeling like crap.  I woke up last night with a really bad sore throat and then by noon today I had a serious headache...even the excedrin took over an hour to help.  Boo hoo right?

I was mortified today when I heard Colton told my brother and Jason to shut-up.  The story goes he was trying to be funny, and said it in a playful manner, but holy cow that kid dodged a bullet because I wasn't there...he knows he isn't supposed to say that period, but to an adult?  I still wanna go all mean mom on him...

Addy leads me around by my finger all the time, and sometimes, it makes me want to scream.  That's when I ignore her...but then I feel bad...not always so bad I get up, but still...so tonight I told her that I wasn't going to get up, but she could sit with me.  I repeated it a few times as she continued to cry and pull on my finger, so I added in there that she could go get her juice and sit with me..at first she wasn't giving in, but I wasn't either...and then Houston we have take off!  She went and grabbed her juice and came and sat on my lap....I won the battle, a small one, but it was still a win indeed.  She sat with me for a long time and I had so much fun playing with her and asking her to repeat words and sounds...I know it sounds so simple, but it was my favorite part of today....

I hardly saw Colton and Aubrey at all this weekend.  They both stayed at my moms on Friday and then Saturday night Aubs stayed with Denice and Colton fell asleep at my moms before I left there, so he got to stay again by default.  It's so funny how you think you miss them so much when you first see them, and then 5 minutes later, it feels like they were never gone at all.  And then all the feelings of "missing", totally gone.

So I am making some big plans for myself and my little front flowerbed.  I can't wait to get started...even though I have no idea what I am going to plant once I get the weed blocker down...still, I have high hopes...and hopefully someone else will help me decide...and then give me a bunch of money...

Picture...

This was the only picture Kent has on his computer, and since he is using the laptop still, this is what I have to work with.  Tonight in the car the kids and I were talking about beating Amy to our house and Aubrey cracked me up when she said 'they are not the Buchanans(pronounced properly) they are the Buch-anans(pronounced buh-chuh-nans)'  me, Steve, and Lisa call them that all the time, but it still cracks me up when the kids say it...you know what didn't crack me up?  Paying $7.24 for 6 freakin baby alive diapers...I told Aubrey she can only feed her baby once a day...

1 comments:

Shayla said...

Yeah, that Baby Alive baby better only eat once a day with diapers that expensive. I would just make her use a towel tied on and call it good. How's the flower bed? Is it all done? I weeded mine tonight and I was so proud. Now I just need some new flowers.