Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ok, so I am granting myself a loop hole.  Last night I fell asleep with Cotlon and Aubrey and was only a awake for an incoherent 20 minutes or so after that...so I didn't blog!  Gasp!  Anyway, I decided if I post this morning about yesterday and then post later tonight about today, I still consider my resolution in tact.  Boom.

May 23....

Today I woke up to some of the saddest news ever.  Some friends of ours from church just found out that their 2 year old little girl has cancer.  Her and Addy would play with each others toys and share snack, we would talk about how the girls were different and the same....my heart is breaking for them, there aren't even words....

So this morning when all my kids were sound asleep, I left them.  Everyone slept in and stayed home from school.  We ordered pizza and watched movies, we cleaned up together, and went to the store.  And we found ants.  A ton of little nasty ants in the kitchen.  So the kids and I took turns vacuuming them up and bought some ant traps.  The first one I found, was crawling on my wrist.  So disgust.

Colton won the rude award today.  I wouldn't help him find socks for baseball, so when I said to myself "I don't think this is turning out" (I was trying to make butterscotch), I heard him say "I hope it doesn't turn out"  With a comment like that, have fun upstairs sucka...

This evening was Colton's last baseball game of the season.  And it was raining.  Addy would have stayed out in the rain the entire game, but at the point I noticed her hair was soaked I took one very disappointed toddler to the car.  We finished up the evening having bbq-ed hamburgers and ice cream sundaes in my mom's garage.  The caramel sauce I made was pretty legit.

Picture....

I think at least once a day I think about how I can't even begin to imagine her in kindergarten next year...

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Now my heart is breaking too!

Alicia Leppert said...

Still can't believe it about Clara. Too unbelievable.

I laughed at Colton's "rude award" comment, that he hoped it didn't turn out, like you deserved to have your butterscotch ruined since you weren't helping him find socks. Made me think of you laughing, telling me the story about how Payson deserved to have his tooth bleed since he'd been mean to Colton (which he totally owned up to and had a severe talking to for). Ah....young boys. Gotta love em. Right? We have to? ;)

Well, one consolation will be that Aubrey will be the cutest little Kindergartener there, hands down.