Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I was gonna blog all about how Amy and I spent the afternoon with our kids+ Landoni kids at the park, and how me, Mallary, Kimmie, and my girls went swimming at Denice's and all the fun I had today...but the event that keeps playing over in my mind, the unforgettable moment that I can't get past...

well, here's a little back story...after swimming all of us girls decided to head on over to My FroYo.   No biggie, I even let the girls convince me I was fine going in my shorty running shorts since I had no other clothes with me...and then it was totally packed...still everything seemed normal, we were getting some samples, locking in our flavor choices...Aubs and I were putting on our final toppings...and then....Addy puked all over me and her and the floor.  The girl working there almost walked right into it, but I stopped her and she helped me into the bathroom, where Addison continued to puke everywhere...and the paper towel dispenser wasn't working...so I was cleaning puke off everything with thin cheap toilet paper.  We were covered, so I stripped her down, and by some small miracle I actually had a spare top in my purse, which saved me from walking out in a swimsuit that makes me look like my chest was a transplant from a much older women....her feet were sticking to garbage on the floor, she started crying, I was frantically cleaning chunks, we finally made it out, and when we walked by this lady, she took a giant step away from us.  I walked outside to find Mal, Kim, and Aubs, who had no idea where I had gone.  Kim said Aubrey stepped in the puke, but they didn't realize who the puke belonged to...and just when you think I would have packed it up, I turned back around and filled up a new bowl of frozen goodness...even Addy wanted some...

Pictures...

I had every intention of taking some great pictures of the kids today...and I ended up just sitting in my chair snapping pictures from where I was.  I didn't get up once...needless to say, my pictures suffered...

I heard Trenton calling them the 3 amigos...


Steve gave Trent a buzz cut, and I swear this picture is a poster for white supremacy..

I told Soph I was gonna take her picture...I liked this one...

...but she felt the need to pose....and this is what she came up with...

 I just think he is so cute...especially in pictures when I can't hear him back talk me...

He didn't want me to take his picture, but I got this one...

right before he did this...

then he popped back up, and I snapped this one...

In the middle of Aub's mouth there is a little little black spot, and it totally reminds me of the baby dolls that really drink bottles...completely random, I know...and that swim suit/uni-tard  she is wearing, is not her regular suit...it's heinous, and she loves it....

6 comments:

Kent said...

Awesome pics!

I am little disappointed that this post is dated July 12th with apparently no significance...

Love you, Happy Anniversary!

Shayla said...

Ugh! Puking kids is the worst, puking kids in public is just unfair. At least you still got some frozen yogurt out of it, right? ;) And still...your pictures are amazing even without getting up off the chair. No fair. I thought of you every time I snapped a picture at the beach last week...and how crappy mine were going to look next to all your amazing beach photos. Oh well, it's the memories that count, right? ;)

Joshua said...

Is it just me or has Addy thrown up before??? ;)

Do you feed her water from the left-out-all-day-with-just-a-little-milk-left-at-the-bottom-so-that-the-water-is-cloudy-glasses? I know when I started giving Lydia clean water, it helped a lot. ;)

Amy said...

I am so grossed out right now. Addy may have ruined FroYo a little for me.

Dlovesocks said...

Kent should get an award for posting an anniversary message to you! We never remember them at our house. I love the toothless grin of Colton and the bleached-out blonde, dimples like her dad, blue eyes like her mom little Aubs. So adorable! Even if you don't like the swimsuit/unitard. It makes me think of the wrestling thing that Taryn used to wear. He would get so annoyed when I'd call it a onesie!

Alicia Leppert said...

Wait, what is this? Is my phone actually letting me comment on your blog? Do you know I've tried commenting on the last seven posts and couldn't? So freaking frustrating.

@Joshua--hilarious! So true! Seriously, does Addy have something against keeping the contents of her stomach in her stomach?? Poor you! And yeah, it's a good thing I'm not a huge FroYo fan, cause I don't think I can ever go back.

Great pictures. Great gang signs by Sophie.