We started out with the pancake breakfast at the park with my grandma. Pancakes were good as always, but when some lady and these 2 men that my grandma knows from a long time ago sat by her the whole time, I felt like we couldn't even talk to her. And they were shady looking characters....
Some of Kent's family came to the parade...we had a pretty long line of seats. Last year Amy brought extra candy because the people who throw it out are few and far between...and when you get someone that does, they throw out like 2 pieces. That so doesn't cut it for 10+ kids. So I grabbed a big bag of candy, so did Amy...and when someone in the parade threw some, so did we...Amy said a few of the kids would see candy coming, and then instead of watching the road they would turn around and look at her...
After the parade Colton left with Maverick, and me, Kent, and the girls headed home so grumpy Addy could take a nap. There was no way she was gonna make it to the fireworks otherwise.
Early that afternoon we headed over to Denice's for some swimming, games, and food. The kids got to watch a few fireworks the uncles had picked up, and then about 8:30 the 5 of us headed up to Amy's to watch the stadium fireworks show. Holy cow, it was so awesome. We had front row seats and it was only about a 2 minute walk. Kent even said it might have been too bright. I swear a couple of them looked like they were gonna land right on us. It was definitely the best show I have ever seen. Once that was over we headed back to Denice's to meet up with everyone for a home show. The kids loved it. Ryan got some pretty sweet fire crackers from an Indian Rez. Addy slept through most of it, and finally our day that started at an 8:30 breakfast ended at about 11:30. We were all wiped...
Pictures...
Super cute picture...too bad the crustache totally ruins it for me...
that's better, I'll just have to avoid Kent's face....
Jenn was so excited Addy let her hold her....I'm not sure if Adds shared in her enthusiasm...
This year the parade had a little street dance for the kids. I thought it was super cute...this is what Aubs did the whole time...stood there clinging to my mom....
and this is what Trayce did...
and of course Sophie loved it too...I think I heard Amy bribing Spence to do it...There was this pretty old lady out there dancing, she was so cute and she had so much rhythm, it just seemed like she must have been a dancer in her younger years, and it was awesome to watch her having so much fun...
Amy brought some flags...Dirt MaGirt in the right hand corner...
and Addy went nuts with them. I swear she hit everyone at least once...
I was trying to get a picture of all of us, it didn't work out so well. I took a few of the in-laws, but I think Steph would have killed me if I posted them...
On Friday night the girls decorated bags for their candy, and Amy brought extras for the other kids...
And of course no event would be complete without Addy throwing herself on the ground crying...
and twice for good measure...I think they both stemmed from candy...
Back at Denice's....
I have no idea what she was doing...
there was a slip-n-slide that caused just a little flooding...
there was a serious baseball game going on...these 2 were standing in line to bat...
Did I mention Nat is pregnant? And me, her, and Stephanie did the ring test over her belly and it's supposed to be a girl!
the 2 youngest...I think it's so funny how he's just holding her ear...
the kids waiting for a few fireworks...
Trayce being Trayce...
Aubs and Kev...
I adore this picture of Ryker...
Nat busted out the pixie sticks...
Denice put together a baseball game with three little pools for the bases, and a slip-n-slide for home plate...
a few practice runs by Kowen...
Pool basketball....
Ryker having a go at it...
Now Trayce...
My personal favorite was when Kowen and Trayce decided it was much more fun to start at opposite ends and slide into each other...









1 comments:
So many great photos! You really are capturing memories! Thanks for that! It was a fun day! I'm just so mad that I didn't remember to take group pictures when we were all together!
Post a Comment