Today...
Aubrey was sent to a time out on the stairs for punching Colton in "the guts" and proceeded to yell "Your'e the worst parent ever!" and then said some stuff about how she's never gonna do what I ask her to do....
When I mentioned to Colton that he was going to need to water my mom's plants and feed the cat, his response was "Why do I have to?" So I said, "fine don't, and grandma can bring something back for me and I'll do it" all of a sudden he was singing a different tune...
This afternoon when we were cleaning up the toys, a very fruitless chore indeed, Colton threw a squinkie and it landed by Addison's head, she called him a "meemee" I believe the interpretation of that is 'meanie', either way, I was ecstatic that she said a new word!
As for me...my crappy attitude came in a plethora of complaints about working out, dieting, and swim lessons at 10:45. Sometimes when I stop to reflect on my day, I am so sicked out by my crappy attitude...guess my 3 little apples didn't fall far from the tree...in my defense, Kent isn't all bright and shiny either...
Yesterday in the car, Aubrey said "mom, we're Mustang People, huh?" to which Colton replied, "Aubrey you don't even know how to build one"....shoots her down every time...
Picture...
So this is kind of a garbage picture, but this is my dining room set up to inspire summer learning...so far I still haven't done anything academic with my kids...I'll probably wait until the week before school starts and then have an anxiety attack worrying that Ms. Maxwell will tell me Aubrey isn't ready for kindergarten yet...the awesome, huge map is at Costco for $7.49
Friday, July 22, 2011
Posted by Rachael at 12:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good to know that my older child isn't the only one that always shoots the younger child down. It's like an evil contest to make them feel like worthless crap. I don't know how younger siblings ever survive with a self-esteem intact. LOVE your summer learning inspired dining room! I always have big plans for summer learning, but am lucky if I get them to read a book or two once it's all said and done. I've been contemplating those maps at Costco forever. I want a giant map mural on one of my walls, but they are so expensive.
Loved your post! So no one is all bright and shiny all the time! Give yourself a little break, Rach! You're at a busy time of your life filled with kids that love you!
Post a Comment