Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Right now, I'm talking to Kent, and I want to choke him.  Like for real....

So, here is the run down on this weekend....for the sake of keeping my goal...

*Saturday-I felt like crap.  All day.  The only thing that saved my kids, was having Amy's kids here all day so my yelling and complaining was dispersed amongst 6 kids instead of 3...

*Sunday-Went to church, and took the kids to my mom's to collect their presents for doing their special jobs...came home and let Colton watch Harry Potter 7.1...I made him hide his face once, and he asked about a million questions.  The best part was when he jumped and I asked him if he was scared, and he said, "no, it's just like, when that snake popped up, I was like woa...but I wasn't like, scared"  Now, I have to take him to see HP 7.2...I think I'm the only one in the fam that's letting one of my kids watch it...they say it's all about death and darkness...I say, death is a part of life anyway right?  And in the end, good prevails over evil...so, there you go...it's all about the moral aspect...

And now Monday...Seriously, it was a great day.  We all went to swimming lessons, and by all I mean Jason and Kent were even there.  Then we picked up some lunch and Amy and her fam, and Lisa and her kids met over at Denice's to swim.  We tried getting Michelle to join us too, but she was headed out of town.  After an afternoon of swimming we came home and then we all met over at Howard Amon Park.  My parents came too and the kids brought their bikes, and we stopped at Rosie's for an ice cream cone.  They have a sour sherbet that is freakin good...and still it gets better...so there is this zip line at the park for the kids, and I decided I'm gonna try it.  I get on the seat and start backing up so Lisa can give me a good push...and I hear this deep voice right in my ear..I had no idea Kent was behind me and had his hands on the chains.  It was seriously like the grim reaper just whispered in my ear...it just caught me so off guard...and I have to say, I didn't trust him like I trusted Lisa to not catapult me across the line...it was an eerie start, but it ended with a good ride down the zip line and back...still not the best part....the very best part of the whole day times ten...was watching Jason push Amy...seeing her speed down the line, then jerk so hard at the end she practically became air born...and then...she fell off...it was hilarious!  It all happened so fast, it took me a second to register it all, and then I couldn't stop laughing...We finished up the day with a trip to Walmart, where something as simple as letting the kids pick out their own box of cereal made the trip a little more fun...or just fun period, cause everyone knows going to Walmart sucks...

Now today...yeah, not a lot happened today....swim lessons, I got my hair done...good bye grays...and then we hung out at my moms while Kent went golfing....oh, and Danielle came by with her giant 6 month belly.  I swear she has an extra one in there.  Good thing she's so cute with her perfectly round belly....And I have to say, I have been thinking a lot about my new little niece who will be here in a about a week or so...except from the sounds of it, she's not so little...I can't wait to hold her, and I know Aubrey is pretty excited too...

Picture....

every day my stress level goes up considerably when I think about sending her to kindergarten...

0 comments: