Friday, July 15, 2011

Today I felt like Cinderella.  I clean and cleaned, and then got ready to go out with Kent to celebrate our anniversary.  We didn't have a chance to do anything on Tuesday, so I am dedicating this post to 8 years together.

Tonight we tried out TC Prime Steakhouse.  It was so freakin delicious.  We both had Ribeye steaks with red potato mashed potatoes.  The actual restaurant was weird, it felt more like a Steak Studio Apartment, than a house, but the meat was cooked perfectly.  I shoved every last bit of it in my mouth (that's what she said), I seriously felt like John Candy in The Great Outdoors.  We tried to kill some time in between dinner and dessert, and it was the most pathetic thing ever.  We just kind of wandered aimlessly through a few stores.  I feel like I am constantly saying "if we didn't have the kids with us", but then when we finally didn't we couldn't find anything to do.  Anyway, we went to Sweet Treats, the old Maggie Moos, per Stacia's recommendation, and shared a dish of green apple frozen yogurt with caramel on top.  It was super good, and I agree with Stacia, much creamier than FroYo...We finished up with a trip to Walmart to buy milk and toilet paper...most romantic anniversary ever...


I thought I would make a little time line of our years together...

2003-  We were hitched.  No wedding, so no pictures.  Not to mention, we didn't have a digital camera back then.  We lived in a duplex in Richland, and I'll never forget, Kent had been gone somewhere, and I tried to wash our comforter, and it made the washing machine flood and start smoking.  When he came home I told him what happened and we loaded up our soaking wet, huge blanket, it was Nautica, and found a laundry-mat.  About half way through Kent had to bring me home because I was nauseous  from being pregnant.  I don't think he got back home until after 11pm...

2004- we had Colton, and we bought our first house....we bought our first digital camera


2005-  we looked a lot younger, and we were already expecting baby #2...and Kent convinced me to take cake decorating classes so I could make our kids their birthday cakes..



2006- Kent went to March Madness in Utah without me, we(Kent) built our first fence, and we had our sweet Aubrey...and we bought our 2nd house....




2007- in no particular order...we dressed the kids up in our favorite costumes to date for Halloween, went on vacation with Kent's family, we took Colton to his first day of preschool, and we made our first haunted candy house....




2008- got our first, and so far last dog...the kids still talk about Vader...but, to say having a dog put a strain on our marriage, might be an under statement... Addy was on the way, and we bought our Sequoia...


2009- Addy completed our family...Kent went to Silver Mountain without me...we bought my Canon, and I'm pretty sure it's the year my dining room looked like a marijuana hot spot, except it was just Kent's obsession with peppers...and I took Kent out on a friends boat for his birthday as a surprise, it ended up costing us $500+dinner




2010- this one is gonna be hard, I wasn't pregnant or birthing any children, we didn't move or make any major purchases...but even more important, we were sealed in the Temple...Kent coached Colton's t-ball team, and we went up to Bluewood together to take Colton snowboarding...


I apparently only took my camera once, and I remember the battery died right away...

2011-still working on it....so far so good...

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a fun full marriage! About the date night I have to tell you that Pete and I paid a babysitter many times and then ended up walking up and down the aisles of Target, so romantic!

Shayla said...

Yeah, our "romantic" dates sound about the same as yours... I think it's living in the Tri-cities. What else is there to do? And who wants to go to Walmart with kids to pick up milk when you can do it without? Happy Anniversary! Love the little recap. All those amazing things, in just a few short years. We went to Maggie Moo's cause I am now obsessed with Frozen Yogurt and wanted to try theirs, but they only had like two flavors and they were both weird. What's wrong with plain old chocolate or strawberry or something less random? I mean green apple is only for the brave, that's all I gotta say. And how come you're so beautiful in EVERY picture, even the ones where you just had a baby!? Seriously, sometimes life isn't fair. ;)

Alicia Leppert said...

I don't have a single picture of me right after delivery...I didn't realize that was weird until now.

This was so fun to read! You guys did look so young in that picture, and you look like a freaking supermodel!

And did my eyes deceive me, or did I read that Addy completed your family...??