Sunday, March 20, 2011

11 weeks comlpeted, that's like 77 days...

So Colton has officially played in his first basketball tournament.  The team consisted of Colton, Spencer, Trenton, Payson, and Memphis.  I missed the first two games because Aubs still isn't up to being in public places.  My mom was super nice and skipped the games to stay with her so I could go to the last 2.  Here's how it went down.  They won the first 2, awesome.  Lost the second 2, boo.  Everyone kept saying how the first 2 were so much better because they were evenly matched, I'm bummed I missed them, but was grateful I made it at all.  The last team they played, straight up thuggish.  They were all over our boys, and our boys rose to the occasion.  Before the game even started one of the girls on the other team kept trying to rip Trenton's ball out of his hands.  The score was like 20 to 2 or something, but Amy, Lisa, and I were probably "The Moms Heard Around the World"  We did not shy away from telling our kids to Be Aggressive B-E Aggressive.  We didn't actually cheer, but you can bet your backside we were telling them to push those weasels back.  Seriously it was intense...for the moms at least...Colton was all over the place, in it to win it, no matter what.  I was super proud of him.  He spent the evening hobbling around saying he needed to go hot tub tomorrow...

Picture...

I love that he can spend all day playing his heart out, and then come home and sit with me on the couch and watch cartoons.  I will be so sad the day he doesn't want to sit with me anymore.  With his 2 sisters usually around, his chances to sit with me all by himself are pretty slim...

 

0 comments: