Saturday, March 12, 2011

Addy is 2!

I so, so, so wish I wasn't about to write the events as they were.  I wish I could say everything was awesome today....so not gonna happen.

I started out the day running on about 3 hours of sleep.  And I busted my @$$ all day.  I busted it so hard, my gluts are literally sore right now.  I just popped 4 ibp's. 

Ok, so here is the run down, Addy was fine. All day.  A little whiney here and there, but that is pretty typical lately, she snapped out of it, and played outside, seriously, the whole afternoon.  She was running, and laughing, and all woohoo.  I gave  her a bath, fixed her hair, got her dressed, she was ready to go by 5:10.  Party at 6, I just had to vacuum, and tame Aubrey's mane.  Yeeeah...at 5:15 Addy started puking.  All over the Jesse shirt I made her, all over her blankie, and all over her Jesse and Woody dolls.  5:20, cue calling family to say thanks for playin' but yeah no party.  She had a a few birthday visitors still and has been sleeping since about 6.  I have been trying to give away a good chunk of the 72 cupcakes I made and frosted today, and everything else I will save for a later date.  You know, when I do this thing all over again.  I feel so bad for her, I really do.  She went all limp baby, failure to thrive on me after the horrendous dry heaving episode she endured.  Broke my heart.  But once she was settled the one thing that keeps playing in my mind repeatedly, "Why couldn't she have just puked earlier?"  Before I did all of this work.  Amy came to help, and Kent helped a lot too, and it was all in vain.  I made 3 different kinds of frosting with 3 different kinds of cake.  Do you know haw many times I had to wash my mixing bowl???  What's done, is done.  Here is the only proof I have of her birthday thus far....

Pictures...

This is gonna be long because I am too tired and too depressed to collage these pictures that I took while holding a sad, sick, 2 year old...

When I see this picture, it makes me think "You have no idea what I'm about to do to you..."  I took this picture right after her bath, I had taken a bunch of really cute ones with her saying 'cheese'  and then realized my memory card was not in my camera.  By the time I got it, she was pretty much done.


So here are some of the pictures....yada yada...who cares...

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Everything looks so cute.

Sometime when you are feeling better I can tell you about how Katie was sick EVERY vacation we took until she was 9! Even going to the emergency room from Disneyland.

Unknown said...

I miss your "Crazy, Over the top, I would never do this for my children" birthdays! Sorry things didn't go as planned. We've been having children puking at school a lot. Makes me want to never have kids. I can clean up my own puke, but someone else's? No Thank You.

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh, I just want to cry for you. But on the plus side? Everything looked amazing!! Seriously, I'm thinking of all the people I hope google Toy Story 2 or 3 birthday parties so they can see this. You are unbelievably creative. The cupcake display with the cowboy patterned backdrop? Cake Wars-worthy. The handmade Etch-a-Sketch? So clever. At least it's not ruined forever. Someday everyone will get to enjoy all your work. As if that's any consolation.
P.S. Any cupcakes left? I'm seriously gonna get some today if there are.