I should have known today was going to be crap when Jason got here and I had to run and answer the door in my towel wrapped up in my bathrobe. I was thinking he would be here at 9:00, it was 8:45. Whatevs, I ran upstairs got decent, and came down to find a little boy who did not want his dad to leave him. He got over it pretty fast, but then he started telling me his tummy hurt. I called Amy, and she assured me he was fine, he had been saying that for about a week, he just needed to eat. I had already fed him, so... finally around noon, I called her again, he was pretty persistent in telling me his stomach hurt. She gave me Jason's work number, I called, he had already left, everything was going to be fine. Right. I was washing out my sink when the thought came to me, 'he'll probably puke, like right before Jason gets here...' Stuff like that never happens when you actually think it. Then....a few minutes before Jason got here, he puked all over my couch and carpet. It's like I put fate in motion. Like the universe thought it would be a funny joke...here's the thing though, I was so not laughing. And neither was poor Carcar....
The rest of the day seemed mild in comparison. Meaning no one else puked...
When Colton and Payson got in the sequoia after school today Aubrey announced we were watching Little Mermaid. Just like the boys always do when she tells them something, they made her cry. Payson said he hated that movie and Colton said "Yeah cause when you watch it, it feels like you're in a giant aquarium with a dumb mermaid." Really? Never once have I felt like I was in an aquarium with a dumb mermaid in all the times I have watched that movie....
Since my mom was still out of town with Amy, I so generously called my dad and asked him if he wanted me and the kids to come over for dinner...and he could order pizza. I could tell he was thrilled by my most perfect idea, so we showed up around dinner time. Colton and my dad played HORSE and PIG and the girls played outside for awhile, so it ended up being a double bonus for me because I actually had a few minutes of peace before we ate. Apparently my dad beat Colt both times, so much trash talking went on the rest of the evening, both telling the other to call when they wanted to be schooled. Then the Landoni's showed up to polish off the pizza, and the few moments of peace seemed like a distant memory...
Picture....
When I was in one of the grocery stores in Lincoln city I saw some sparklers so I grabbed some, one of the last nights we there we went outside and 'tried ' to light them. Some of them were good, some not so much. Lesson learned...if you buy sparklers for a dollar, you get what you paid for. The kids had fun anyway...I hope we do it again this year, with real sparklers....
Monday, March 21, 2011
Posted by Rachael at 11:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If I had to guess, I'd guess there are almost as many posts about puking as you have posts? AMIRITE?
And I don't know this Payson kid, but he's THIS CLOSE to not being my friend after that poor-vomit-tasting comment about the "Little Mermaid".
Kid's these days. Why I oughta....
PS: 1st comment status. Booya Leppert!
I wrote the longest (shocking, I know) comment to this last night but stupid blogger wouldn't let me post it and I really don't feel like typing it all out again. Just know that it was full of scathing remarks aimed at Josh.
Blogger doesn't allow people to make long scathing posts directed at me. Sorry.
Post a Comment