I was going to title my post something dumb with 'highlights' in the title, but I can't make myself do it. And here is why. Because every time, in all honesty, every single time I heard or think the world 'highlights' I think about the time Lisa told me her Columbian step mom told her she was thinking about getting highlights and Lisa thought she said something about head lice because of her strong accent. And now, I just feel differently about the word...
Tonight at my moms house, guess what happened..this is for you Josh...Carson started puking on my mom's couch. And we all saw it. And it was gross.
I loved that today Easton called me to tell me the movie "Hop" is coming out on April 1st, and he knew that was Colton's birthday, and he wanted me to know that he thought that might be something Colton would want to do on his birthday. Super sweet...
Colton and Payson made me question again, why they want to hang out with eachother when they refuse to do what the other one wants. And then before I know it, they have been playing tag for close to an hour. Because they are friends, even with the girly drama the create...
I wish I could turn the faucet off on Addy's nose. It will not stop running, and it's kinda sickin' me out. Tonight I started to notice her head cold is starting to turn into the 'hacking up a lung' kind of cold. Brilliant. Super stoked. Why can't they just be better?
And why can't it just stay warm? Like today, at 11:30, when I went to pick up Aubrey from preschool, and inadvertently locked me and Addy out of the house, and was sitting in the car waiting for my mom to bring me the spare to let me in, I was hot. It was awesome. To just be outside, and have the sun make me feel hot. But then by this afternoon, it was freezing. And for the love, will the wind just stop already.
I just finished reading The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen. It is her 4th book, and I love them all. The only flaw, they end way too soon. I am so sad it's over.
I feel kind of bad, because the most enjoyment I felt today brought on an anxiety attack for Spencer. We were all leaving my moms, nothing clears a room like puke, and Spence was walking in front of my car looking in, and I gave the horn a little honk. He jumped, and then started yelling at me. I started laughing and rolled down my window to tell Lisa, and she started laughing, and it was fun times until Amy told me on the phone tonight how he straight up snapped. Apparently, he is sick of people scaring him, and a bunch of other stuff. Weird, a sensitive Buch-an-an. That never happens...except on most days it does...
That wasn't the only breakdown tonight though...when Aubrey couldn't get her seatbelt buckled, she flug her seatbelt and yelled "IDIOT!" just like Ben Stiller on Friends. No exaggeration. I laughed first, disciplined second.
Picture....
I took this picture last Spring...it was actually a double rainbow, and I could see both of them all the way across the top...I am always in awe when I see rainbows...and it's always feels so weird to walk way and stop staring at them...I was standing in the garage, taking pictures, trying to keep my camera dry...How do you take a good picture of a rainbow?
I took this one at the same time, I don't know why, but I just kinda like it...that's my Camry in the background, and I have no idea who that person is...but I like it anyway...
3 comments:
First again?!!! Slackers! Well Carson puking last night was the grossest. I can still here steve mimicking Amy..."I need a bowl, I need a BOWL" in his dead on impression he does of her. Poor guy. I felt bad for your mom, after getting him in the bath and not realizing there was puke on his diaper, went back there with a strainer. She should win some sort of grandmother award, Fo sho! Poor spence. Why are buchanans so fun to tease? I love your Ben stiller-esque children and their rageful outbursts. They're always so fun to mimick too. I was proud of Aubs last night, listening so well to me, after sophie straight up told me to shove it. Well my comment is verging on dalesha...the end
I wonder if you could use the acidity of gastro juices in puke to highlight hair? I wonder.
At the very least, it would probably kill head lice. Just a thought.
Post a Comment