Monday, March 7, 2011

Have I ever mentioned what a joy I think Sundays are with a 2 year old?  Church, with a 2 year old is a breeze...if you have the ability to block out the 2 year old throwing fruit loops in the isle, crawling around the isle, shoving her way past someone else's feet in the next row, stealing crayons from the children in front of you, hitting her sister, and throwing a kicking fit in the isle...where oh, so many people can watch and see the deathly frown on her face...after the second hour of her attitude I decided, screw it, we're going to the car and she can watch a movie.  Someday, maybe, I'll go to church and feel uplifted...someday, when Addy changes...until then...eh...hit and miss in the upliftedness...

Sometimes, I ask my super awesome cousin Josh for help with computery stuff.  It always makes me realize, that in the world of computers, I am a tiny fetus, can't even see the heartbeat yet size.  And that's generous.  truth be told, me and my hotmail account are an unfertilized computer egg.  I told him tonight I don't like gmail, he told me never to say that in front of his face.  Noted. 

Guess what part of party planning for Addy starts now?  The second guessing part.  The part where I start to think everything I loved looks too homemade, and not cute enough.  And then I remind myself she is 2, but the details are the best part. The fun part.  The part that makes all of this worth doing.  Why do I need constant reassurance?  Why do I always love something and then wonder a few days later, "Wait...do I love it?  Is it dumb?  Could I have done better?"  I hate this part of me, it drives me crazy, and I am pretty sure Amy and Lisa are sick of having to talk me through it...

Tonight in the car, Colton told me "Mom, I can't even touch my toes without...(this is where I thought he was going to say 'bending my legs')...bending my back.  We have to do it everyday in P.E., and I'm gonna have to stop before I break my back"  Hmmm.  I didn't say anything.  Just said "huh." Then I told him he couldn't break his back just from bending over, and he started to tell me about how it could happen if he fell off a chair, and someone landed on him or something, and some other stuff.  And I simply told him 'yes, I suppose that could happen'.  I don't even... I just...Boys I guess?  I...

Ok, so I have way to much tv to watch to be bloggin away...

Picture....

Why do they always eat the sand?  So gross...not as a gross as the next diaper though...


2 comments:

Amy said...

Through sleep deprived eyes and with a sleep deprivation headache, I read your blog and chuckled. Then I got to the end and wondered what I read. Just kidding. Though this comment should count as like 700 comments because it's happening before my 'waking hours' and with a headache. So, your son and his issues with touching his toes and breaking his back? Maybe it's the lack of example in physical exertion at home. Maybe you should start randomly bending over and touching your toes and showing him that it's okay. Maybe you could move onto arm stretches after that. Just a suggestion.

And your party? GET OVER IT ALREADY. How can you not love that banner? Seriously. I operate with a large dose of self-doubt but I decide that as long as I love to look at something, that's all that matters. Your party is rad. So shut it already.

And now I can't remember if there was anything else I want to say, my body is still adjusting.

WV- moomen, the list of relevant-to-our-lives-right-now words are endless. It's kinda creepy how these WVeri's work.

Shayla said...

That's it. The gmail comment officially makes our friendship on shaky ground. No, seriously, Nate tried to get me to switch to gmail for months (everything new I take forever to get used to and switch...the computer nerd in him wants to try everything new). I resisted. It wasn't pretty enough. Seriously, that was my complaint. It is worth it. I still shake my head and wonder what is wrong with people that still use yahoo and hotmail. ;)