Monday, March 7, 2011

Today after school Colton told me when he squeezes his eyes really tight, and like puts his hands over his eyes, and rubs, kinda, he can see his brain.  Literally, his brain.  What?  I told him that was most definitely not true, and he argued with me.  Of course he did.  He told me how he sees like, blue, and pink, and all like weird squiggles, and weird stuff and lines.  Yeah, I'm sure you would after pushing on your eyes all crazy, but that is most certainly not your brain, I informed him.  No dice.  He didn't buy a word of it.  Because he can see his brain.  

You know what made my day?  Not the adorable dresser I bought at the antique store, that Amy ganked right under a lady's nose, (literally, Amy got there like 2 minutes before this lady and when Amy said she was taking it, the lady left pretty pissed), not the cool pegboard sections I got on clearance at Target, not even the perfect breadsticks I had today.  It could have been how to die for cute Addy was in her leggings and boots, it would have been, until right before bed time.  I was making the cupcake sticks for Addy's birthday, and Colton and Aubrey wanted to help me.  I know it sounds so cheesy, but they were so cute, and so helpful, and so nice, and it just made my day.  That is not to say I wasn't pleading with them in an elevated voice to go to bed, for the love, just go to bed...about 10 minutes later.  But that's not the point.  The point is, I took the time to notice and appreciate the moment while it lasted.  And it was a good one.

So here is the reoccurring theme of my blog, again...I'm tired.  And I am trying so hard to stay on top of the birthday stuff, but it always seems like every time I check something off, something else adds to the bottom of the list.  And I have to do laundry.  And I have a lot of cleaning to do.  And I really, I mean really, don't want to doit.  At all.  Like ever.  But I want it to be done.  Not sure how to swing that...

Picture...

I love that in my picture folder it goes from this one...


to this one....
And I know this picture is totally blurry, but, the point is, she has her blankie.  She loves her blankie.  I love that she loves her blankie...You know what just occured to me, right as I typed this?  I didn't take pictures again today.  What is the matter with me?  I have the worst memory, I swear...

2 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

I hate it when I fall behind on your blog! And then I come and read it and laugh my junk off and think, "I could have been laughing this hard four days ago!" That's my punishment, I guess, for fallin' behind. Can I just say how much I love it that Payson is the one exception to the only family party because he's the second brother Aubrey never wanted? Seriously, it gives me warm fuzzies. And now we have to get Colton something totally bomb to prove we belong there. How do you feel about iPads?

P.S. I despised Gmail when I switched to it, cursed its name, couldn't figure out for the life of me why everyone and their dog swore by it...and then I fell in love with it and realized that Hotmail is Hot hell and I can't imagine my life without gmail. In fact, my new Mac laptop's email isn't my Gmail and I hate it more than anything. Grrrrr...
Moral of the story--switch to Gmail. Stick it out. You won't regret it.

WV: renearni, as in meet Renearni, Renesmee's even creepier brother who is born with a full beard and the power to play any movie at will in someone's mind simply by touching their nose.

Shayla said...

I tell you...the minute you say you're going to do something, that's all when it goes downhill. This blogging everyday business? That's just ballsy. Add picture monday and man, you're just asking for failure. I'm tired, too. You'd think I'd be in bed by now. Hmmm...