Sunday, March 20, 2011

Today was the first day Aubrey seemed to be herself since Tuesday.  She actually stayed awake all day, played, and actually asked for food!  She's just changing by leaps and bounds!  Seriously, I am so glad she is feeling better, I have been feeling so bad for her...now on to getting her whining in check...I think I reminded her a million times today that she is almost 5 and knows how to talk, so no need for the heinous sounds she was expelling from her mouth...

I am stumped.  I am trying to figure out how to do Colton's football party.  I am trying to emotionally move on from Addy's party and focus on Colton, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around it.  Usually I have some sort of "AHA!" moment and the party just comes together for me, but I feel like I am running out of time for one of those.  I know he wants a pinata, but other than that...I don't have to much figured out.  My friend Shayla gave me some perfect ideas for Aubrey's though.  I am totally just going to copy pretty much everything she did, because what she did was perfection.  IF I can find some cheap puppies that is...Ugh, I hate feeling behind on this stuff, and stumped all at the same time...I hate that Addy's party never was...I swear one day I will stop mentioning it....someday...

My mom and my sister are out of town, and I am crazy jealous.  Amy said she is going to bring me something back, and she always finds me good stuff, that she tells me over and over is so hard to give to me.  Because she wants to keep it for herself.  It makes me feel all "Thanks....are you sure?"  In the end she always says, 'yeah, it's more your house than mine anyway'  And I take it home and love it.  But the best gift of all is getting to watch Carson while Jason is working and she is gallivanting around Spokane.  No really, I'm all smiles and giggles about it....it really isn't that big of a deal, I just haven't been up and functioning by 9am in awhile...

Picture....

I am glad the girl on the left is feeling better, and I hope the girl on the right has a good kidney check-up...


At least having all of these spring birthdays helps pass the time til we go back to the beach...

2 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

I'm so glad Aubs is feeling better. Seriously, though, what is it about kids starting to feel better that makes them so unbearable? It's like they don't feel so sick that they can't even talk, but they don't feel quite 100% yet and they want to make sure we all know that. Super fun.

Shayla's (Kenzie's) puppy party was the best. Macy absolutely loved adopting her own puppy. All the little details she (Shayla) came up with were so creative. Let me know if you need any cakes. Although I will NOT attempt to sculpt a puppy out of cake, unless you want it to look like a deformed hippo. Then I'm your girl.

I don't care how sweet/cute the kid is, waking up early to watch someone's kid is never fun.

Missed you in nursery today. Pulling the twins off the table and dripping with sweat just wasn't the same without you.

Amy said...

Such a cute/funny picture of the two girls. I love how much they love each other. Sophie asked last night if she could call Aubrey right when she woke up this morning to tell her something, I think about the Pet Shop stuff mom bought. I'm sad that your so excited about getting something from Spokane, it was an ultimate lame trip as far as non-kid items go. Lots of money spent on my kids, not so much on me or you. I think all I came home with were some fake easter eggs and fake carrots and a new purse.

I am so extra sorry about Carson up-chucking all over your couch. I almost came home with nothing for you since the shopping venue was so lame but I just couldn't do it knowing what you had been through. We made an extra stop just so I could try one more time to find something! I need to get a few more things here and then I can give it to you!