Sunday, March 6, 2011

Birthday on the Brain

I am mad hot stressing out right now.  I love birthday season, but I feel  like every year I am re-inventing the birthday wheel.  For starters, this will be the first year I am not inviting extended family to any parties.  Last year Addy was the only one with a family party anyway, by the time I was finished with with Colton and Aubrey's friend parties I was spent.  Negative balance.  Over drawn.  Between just Kent's family and mine there are 37 people including the 5 of us.  Oh, wait, 38 counting my grandma.  And 17 of those are kids.  Pure craziness.  So, on to my next issue, cause 38 people wasn't enough.  Family vs Friend and how they overlap.   Last year, I only had Aubrey and Colton invite friends and cousins their own age.  But then, I didn't do a family party, which left a bunch of kids out.  But, I like the theme parties and the games, and prizes, and treats to take home, but that can add up quick when you times it by 17.  And that doesn't include friends.  But is it weird to invite friends to family parties?  I think so, except Payson, he is the other brother Aubrey always/never wanted.  And really, he is one out of 2 friends Colton invites to stuff anyway.  So this is the best I can come up with now.  Tomorrow, who knows.  For Aubs, because she actually has some little friends her age, on the day of her birthday, or the closest week day, she has a few of her friends and girl cousins her age over for lunch.  They do a little craft, and play, with what ever they want to.  And then her "Puppies"  theme, comes when we have a family party.  Some decorations, a game or 2 for whoever wants to participate and then everyone just plays, or you know, goes home.  Colton, his family party will be on a different day because Kent will be working, so I think on his birthday I'll do something, no idea yet really, and then his "football" party will include all family and adopted into the family Pay-dog.  Or something, or whatever idea someone else comes up with, and then I'll say, "Yes!  Perfect.  That is what I will do" Done.  Until then, I will stress like nobodies business...

So I bought Taylor Swift's newest CD the other day.  And I love the whole thing.  And it makes me happy when I listen to it.  I think the last CD I bought was Beyonce's "I am Sasha Fierce"  it was a huge letdown.  Single Ladies was the only good song.  This CD reminds me of how much I loved my Faith Hill, Shania Twain, and Dixie Chicks CD's...good times...

I totally think pajammas are a double-edged sword.  Because as much as I think they are comfortable, and I think they are way comfy, I think I look like hell in them.  Nothing holding all the extra's in, not good for the ego, know what I'm sayin?  I feel like I have to rearrange body parts just to see the keyboard when my computer is on my lap.  At least I'll never forget what I looked like preggers.  Oh, the silver lining....

Where would I be without "....." and ",".  My blog is bursting at the seems with them.  I don't even know who I am without them.  I notice I almost never use "!" cause I'm ususally not so excited about the stuff I write about.  To me a ! is like I am totally excited, and smiley, and cheerleaderish.  I wish there was a different kind of ! that just only meant exasperated, yelling in anger, all the negative conotations so you didn't have to interpret what someone else's ! was trying to get across...

Picture,,,,,,(see how I switched that up...I'm like a posting ninja, I make my own rules....)

You can't see it very well in this picture, but she totally has  a little black eye, I remember her having it, but I have no idea how she got it...her hair has gotten so much longer...someday the front will catch up to the back I hope...


She is so smitten with her brother and sister...

Her foot has grown two sizes since this picture last May.  These jellies were 4's...I loved those shoes

I am so tired...why do I always stay up so late?  This morning I woke up to a knocking sound.  At 7:50.  Addy crawled out of her crib and was knocking on her door for me to come get her.  

1 comments:

Shayla said...

I have to laugh (or cry) at the fact that April and May are also my "stress" months for birthdays. Nate hates that I do this. I've been planning and having big birthday bashes for the kiddos since they were 2. We moved out here and had no family to celebrate with. Nate's family has always done parties big. They celebrate everything. I love that and hate it all at the same time, but i wanted my kids to have that. So, I started inviting everyone and having these big, themed parties and now my kids EXPECT it every year. Last year we had three families living here in town and all of the sudden I found myself planning BOTH a big friend, themed party AND a family party. Expensive. Stressful. Nate says overkill. This year I haven't even barely thought about parties and Natalie's is coming up at the end of the month. I can't even fathom trying to put it all together after the year we've had. And yet, isn't that what we should be doing? I like to make it special, but oh, why does it have to be so painful? And expensive? I hear ya, I totally hear ya. The difference being? Your party will most certainly be way cuter than whatever I come up with. ;) BTW, we did puppy parties for BOTH girls last year. Need any game ideas? ;)

Gotta love the picture with the kids eating their popsicles in lawn chairs, but, oh wait, the girls are actually sitting in a car seat. Awesome.