Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Right this very minute...

I am sitting on the couch, with a snuggly Addy.  About 30 minutes ago, I was a happy mother at Big Lots.  And then....Addy puked all over the isle.  And my pants.  And my boots.  And her blanket.  A lesser man would have fallen to the ground and cried, passed out, wretched himself at the abundantly sour smell that was permeating the store...but not me.  I just stood there.  And wondered why it was taking what felt like days to get store personnel back to the scene of the crime so I could leave and get my poor Addy home.  After she had gained some composure back, she pointed at the puke and said "mama, juice" Yeah...not so much...I am hoping it was just a fluke.  I am in denial that she has the flu.  It was hot in the store, I had been carrying her so I was shifting her back and forth and back and forth so my arms wouldn't crumble under the strain.  And she had been asleep in the car just before.  She had just had milk....so it could  be a fluke, it could....fingers crossed...

I don't have it in me to blog about anything else.  I can't hardly think of anything else.  Except I'm hungry.  And that feels so wrong, but I am starving...so I am done for today...

Picture...

So there was this one day, Addy was happy....and she didn't puke all over...that wasn't today though...she does love to be outside...

2 comments:

Shayla said...

Is it like some secret code that moms have to experience being puked on multiple times to really be a mother or something? Gah. It's just wrong. So sorry that happened to you. And Addy, too. It's totally a fluke. I'm voting for fluke. The flu means it could be passing around and I really don't need the flu passing around my children anymore. Go eat something yummy and try not to think about the puke. The end.

Alicia Leppert said...

Congratulations. You managed to put me in the fetal position, hyperventilating, in the span of one short blog post. Thanks so much.