Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today I was a total loser.  Seriously.  Last Thursday, the night of book club I was up until about 5am getting ready for the party that never was, and then up at 8:30 going all day, and into the early morning again with my sick Addy.  And it has kicked my @#$.  Literally.  I let Aubrey sleep into today because I am so paranoid she is going to start puking, so without preschool to get me going this morning, I slept until noon.  And then did 3 days worth of dishes.  And was a blob the rest of the day.  This afternoon, yeah..I took a nap.  Now it's 12:15, I still feel like crap, and yup, I am not in bed.  And the only thing I can think about right now, is how badly I want a sugar cookie.  Like so bad. 

Today after school when the kids got in the car, Colton was all silly telling Payson that he absolutely could not tell anyone what happened at the first recess.  Like nobody.  I of course asked what happened, they denied me, but informed me that they were having a meeting in Colton's room after school to decide what they should do about it.  I told Colton he had to tell me, because I am his mom.  So when we got home they ran upstairs, slammed the door, and Aubrey decided to mingle right outside the room.  I went in to talk to them, I was so worried they were going to say some girls tried to kiss them or something from the way they were carrying on.  Much to my relief, it was all about being chased by girls.  They were hilarious talking about what they should do, where they should hide, who told the girls where they were...I told them, just don't run away, stand there like you don't care and the girls will stop.  They looked at me like I was crazy.  When I left the room Aubrey of course had to let them know she knew what their secret was.  Cue shouts, and nu-uhs, and all kinds of no ways.  But she had the last word when she told them, "yes I did!  I had my ear to the door!"  Ah, that's my girl...I told Colton he should tell his dad about it, maybe he would have some advice for him.   I got a lot of 'No Way' and he accused me of telling his secret, which I had not.  I promised I wouldn't tell anyone and I didn't.  Later tonight, he came downstairs and said "Mom, I told dad, no advice!"  I am anxious to see what they talk about tomorrow in the car....

Picture....

What a sweet girl I have.  Those scratches on her forehead and the corner of her eye, Big Bully Addy pinched her. 

1 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

Hi. Me again. I feel like I have a nightly (early morning) appointment with your blog. I love getting into bed and knowing your new post has to be up cause it's past midnight.

Hey, I'm gonna be a good friend and make you feel so much better about your day today. I slept--all day. Not in phases with dish-washing breaks like you, but literally in my bed from the time I got back from taking the kids to school till Macy came home. Yup. Loser, right here. Although, for the sake of saving face with your other blog readers who are judging me now, let it be known I was sick. Yet again. Awesome, I know. Anyway, you win the Most Productive Day Award between the two of us. Yay for you!

I cannot get over Colton and Payson's dramatic girl secrets! They actually had a meeting about it?! Priceless. I love that I can totally picture Payson out-yelling Colton at Aubrey's eavesdropping. I love that you sent Colton to Kent for good girl advice and Colton came back empty-handed. But most of all I love that you promised Colton you wouldn't tell anyone his secret, and feel good about yourself for not telling anyone, and then come blog about it. So priceless. Good times, good times.