Sunday, March 27, 2011

So...12 weeks

Right now, at 1:30, I am up.  And Addy is up.  She took like a 4 hour nap at my parents.  She stayed asleep on the drive home, and then getting into the house she woke up a little bit.  Then I made the mistake of laying her in her crib...she rocked with me for an hour.  A whole freakin hour.  And then slid off my lap and started talking about 'Aub'.  You know what is even better than being up with her at this late hour tonight?  That I did the same thing last night.  Her cold is so debilitating that she can't seem to sleep through the night.  This is at least the 4th night in a row I have had to be up with her.  Last night was by far the worst though because she would not go back to sleep.  By sometime after 5am I was yelling at her to 'shut-up and just go to sleep for the love'  I fell back to sleep and when I woke up at 8 she was asleep.  And then she was up by ten.  Total crap.  And for all you nay-sayers that can't believe I don't just put her in her crib and leave her, you come clean up her puke when she gets hysterical.  And she will...puke....every freakin time.  And it's disgusting.  And I hate it. 

You know what else I hate...my new hair cut.  It's short.  Boo.  I feel like I lost an appendage. 

So I went to my cousin Jessica's baby shower today.  Being there almost makes me want another one.  Almost.  I had a good time visiting with everyone and Mallary's cupcakes were delish.  I really wish I had one right now....I could almost cry about it...or maybe I would just be crying because I am still up with Addy...

Mallary and Kimmie, I had a great time today.  I heart you guys.  I miss you guys.  I lurve you guys.  You are the bomb to my dot com.  I wouldn't want to have eaten chips and salsa with anyone else.  Except Amy and Lisa, cause they were there too...coulda done without Soph though right?

Picture...

This was the view going down the bunny hill yesterday...I quite liked it...

3 comments:

Mallary said...

I'm the first to post a comment! It's a Christmas miracle! I had fun yesterday too! I was telling Kim on the ride home that I thought it was funny you said it felt like we hadn't talked in a long time because I read your blog everyday so it feels like (to me) that I totally talk to you! Oh, and I was competing for the worlds longest sentence back there. I think I won.

Alicia Leppert said...

I quite liked that you said quite liked. It was all like, British and stuff.

Thanks for blogging all these posts about being kept up all night and toddler puke. All those whisps of desire I have for another baby just float away into thin air. See? I benefit from your misery. I'm good at finding the positive. Like, the glass is half full or whatever.

I can't believe you hate your new haircut! That means you must hate my new haircut cause you said they're pretty similar. Whatevs. Mine's really starting to grow on me. Ha ha, no pun intended. Just wait till I can see it. I'll be the judge of whether it's bad or not. If I think it is, you can change it.

Is that a siren I hear? I think the comment-length police are coming. Officer Kessie, please don't arrest me, I'm ending it right now.

Joshua said...

Now we gotta deal with Mal Mal contenting for position numero uno!? Well, I'll keep this short. Gotta lead by example here. 10-4.