So Addy seems to be doing fine. Her appetite kinda came and went, and she had a few yucky diapers, but other than that she seemed herself. She even got her dance on when Colton came home and started blasting the Biebs. .
I am hoping Addy's birthday will go off without a hitch on Friday. Everyone will be well, and happy...I went to the store tonight to get all the fixin's for the big day. When I was writing my list I started to notice a repetitive theme that went something like.."oh, yeah, I almost forgot that...and I can't forget this..." The list grew, and grew. But I am ok with that. And I decided that every time someone says my party is' outta control', or declares' they would never do this much', or 'seriously?' and rolls their eyes, I am going to interpret that as "I wish I would/could do this" Sometimes it gets a little put-downish when people say stuff like that. I just feel like telling them, You could just say "it looks nice" or "good job" or nothing. Think about it, I spend a lot of time and thought into the parties I throw for my kids, and when the only thing someone can say is "this is way over the top" it does not give me the warm fuzzies. It makes it sound like something I really put an effort in to was a waste of time. So don't judge. Or do, cause I don't give a shiz. Except for a little bit I do.. I think Kent is finally catching on, he hasn't said too much this time. Then again, he hasn't seen it yet either...
So after preschool today Aubrey asked to go to Sophie's house. I told her I would call Amy, but that I would not be staying, Addy was sick and she needed to go home. I made her tell me twice, that she would in fact stay there when I left. She said she would. And then we got there. She is a big fat liar. So you know what I did? I told her too bad, and basically shoved her in the house, Amy shut the door, and I was off...then 15-20 minutes later Amy called and before she said anything I could hear the wretched sounds of an almost five year old crying, that really annoying, wailing cry. We decided to give it a few more minutes, at least until I was finished with lunch. Amy finally cured her with a promise I was coming. Long story short, when I went to pick her up at 8:30pm, she was hiding because she did not want to go home. Seriously? An hour later when we were actually leaving Sophie ran outside calling out "I need to talk to Aubrey!" I rolled down the window, and they waved, and waved, and said goodbye over and over, and told one another they loved eachother, and Sophie promised she would be back, and Aubrey instructed Soph on just what to say to her dad when asking if Aubrey could go to the movies with them tomorrow. It was seriously the cutest thing. I finally had to just drive away, or we would still be there....
American Idol anyone? I am a big Casey Abrams fan, and a Stephano fan, and normally a Huge Lauren fan, but her Shania Twain didn't hold up so well tonight. I do love Scottie and his deep country voice too. Last time I blogged about AI Kent told me if I kept blogging about tv shows, he wasn't gonna read this anymore. Nice right? Anyway, I think this year they have some super talent, but I wish they would let them use their instruments.
I did some serious housework today, the kind that leaves you perspiring....as much as I do anyway...doing the dishes wasn't nearly as bad as usual because I had blooming daffodils to look at. Amy brought me some the other day, thanks again....
Picture...
I can not, for the love, get her to stop coloring on everything. And everywhere. Just like Aubrey did. But Addy does it when I'm sitting right next to her. And half the time I don't even notice. Until it's too late...
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Posted by Rachael at 12:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear Addy's doing okay. No fun having the pukes at your house. Especially not with parties in the works. I am one of those who may or may not exclaim, "oh my gosh! You really did all that?!" at something someone did and then later realize that it may have sounded mean to the other person, especially when I was just super jealous that I didn't think of all those cool things first or that I don't have the energy/desire/whatever to do it all, too. I will try harder to remember to just say, "you da best, Rachael!" It's all said in love, right? ;) And maybe a little jealousy... I think tv shows are a must blog topic. Especially if you're blogging every day. Jenny and i cannot have a conversation without mentioning a show or maybe even spending an hour dissecting a show. And then a book or two, too. Good luck with the party! Can't wait to see all the results.
Birthday party, American Idol, coloring. Those are my key words that I had to hurry and write down before I forgot what I wanted to comment on.
I feel super bad because I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of a "you guys are insane" and maybe even a "this is crazy". But I'm not even lying when I said it as a compliment. Not insane for making such a huge deal out of their birthdays, but insanely talented. Like when Randy Jackson tells a contestant "that was ridiculous!" it sounds insulting, but he means it was ridiculously good! Same thing. I am a self-professed person-who-is-crazy-jealous-and-impressed-at-your-mad-skills-and-devotion. I have never left one of your parties thinking "over the top much?". Ever. I am always blown away by the cute, creative, amazing things you guys come up with and so loving that you do that for your kids. Birthdays are a big deal to me because my mom made them a big deal when I was a kid. Your kids will never forget these. Whew. I feel a little bit lighter now, a little bit clearer-conscienced.
Yeah, Tonight was weird. There were some really good ones, but even the good ones all had rough patches, mainly the low notes and key changes. And the arrangements! Didn't get those at. all. I love Stephano, him and the kid with Touretts (I feel bad, I totally can't remember his name) are my favorite guys. I like Pia, Thia, and Lauren but yeah, Lauren was so totally missing tonight. Are they not allowing them instruments at all this season? They did during Hollywood. What's up with that?
After all my ranting I can't remember what stupid little comment I was gonna leave about Addy's coloring, something probably trying to be clever about it leaking out your house down the street to mine so that I could be blessed with Miss Addy's artwork on my counter too! Now I'll just sit here and worry that it came across horribly negative. I need to go to bed.
WV. foriu. As in "I'd catch a grenade foriu." I would Rachel, foriu.
Post a Comment