So the birthday crazies are upon me. I spent pretty much all day shopping, crafting, brainstorming....and it doesn't stop until late April. I know sometimes it might seem like it's over the top, but I think birthdays are so very special. And I want my kids to grow up knowing their birthday is special, and I love them, and the day the were born is important to me, every year. This year for Addy I am doing a Woody and Jessie Toy Story Party. She loves the movies and plays with her Woody and Jessie dolls all the time. The funny thing is Aubrey LOVED Jessie and Toy Story 2 when she was 2 so she had the same 2nd birthday. Addy's might be a little more planned and thought out, but I still love Aubrey's cake. I even saved the headboard Lisa made for me. I just can't bring myself to throw it away.
My super nice friend Stacia brought me yummy cake tonight. So nice right? She said she likes trying new recipes, and I would just like to put it out there that I am game for taking any and all leftovers. Just so it's out there...
So Kent took Colton up snowboarding today and it sounds like they had a blast. I am so sad I wasn't there to take pictures. Apparently Colt did the rope tow thing all by himself for the first time, and Kent said when they got to the top of the bunny hill Colton would take off without him! He has been waiting for so long to go again, last year he went almost every other Wednesday because he didn't have school. Being in first grade has kind of slowed it down a bit, but I have to say, a day in the snow in the mountains with your dad is totally worth skipping school...Aubrey wants to go so bad, so we'll take her soon, but I am afraid she's gonna freeze to death, she is all skin and bones.
When they got back into town, somehow they ended up at the mall getting matching basketball shoes. When Kent asked Colton which ones he wanted, he decided he wanted which ever ones his dad was getting. So, they left with matching shoes....I should probably take Aubrey to look at jewelry soon...maybe she'll want whichever one I want...When Aubs saw that Colton had new shoes...well lets just say she went to bed with new basketball shoes under her pillow because she loves them so much...and because Colton told her she could not wear shoes in bed...She just kept talking about how "they're sweet, huh mom? they're pretty fast" She spent the rest of the evening upstairs on Kents lap looking at shoes on the computer and lining up her squinkies on the desk. She also informed me she is going to wear them everyday. They looked pretty good with her nightgown too...
Anyway, I'm tired. I spent the better part of the evening decorating little water bottles....
This was exactly how I felt today while out shopping. I felt so down after I went to 4 stores to find cow print and paisley scrapbook paper. FYI no one has any good scrap booking paper right now. How come you can always find something when you're not looking, and when you are...nothing. This was taken a year ago, going from 1 to 2 is such a bid difference...
2 comments:
I have paisley stamps you can totally use if you can't find paper. You could make your own. So are you going to make the same cake? You totally should. I'd love to help in any way you may need.
I totally just fell asleep right there, no joke. Gotta cut this short. Tell your husband he has to take my husband snowboarding next. He hasn't been all year.
Ai Chiwawa. 3:00. K bye.
I can't wait to see the finished party!
Post a Comment