Monday, March 28, 2011

Awe, I just checked my email before I started to write my post and  Mallary, you commented!  And it made me smile from ear to ear!  I almost put in my post yesterday, for you and Kimmie to feel free to comment on how much fun you had with me too!  It's so much sweeter when you don't even have to ask!

So here is my question for today...why do kids lie, when they know they are caught?  Tonight Colton took the worlds shortest shower, so I asked him if he used soap and washed his hair...he assured me he did, so I called him on it and made him come close so I could smell his head...yeah, it did not smell like shampoo...but it wasn't until I told him I knew there was no way he washed his hair, that he finally tried to cop out with 'i didn't know where the shampoo was'.  He wasn't going to admit anything before he absolutely had to.  So I made him go back up, gave him the whole 'if just did it right the first time' speech and he was down in a flash...what?  I smelled his head again, and Houston we have take off, I can smell the soap...and then a few minutes later he's scratching his forehead...and it's creating bubbles.  Serious bubbles.  I had pity on him and rinsed it in the sink, but really?  3 times over to just wash his hair properly? That's just nonsense...

Today Aubs and I were looking at the Target ad online, and the front cover had groceries on it...when she saw the loaf of bread she said "that could be good for Grandma Goude if she was still in the hospital, cause it's soft.  She could have a sandwich."  I love that she still thinks about her.  And that she remembers her needs.  It was a very long time after my grandma past away before she stopped asking for her to feel better in her prayers...My favorite part when she prays now is when she says "We're so thank you for this day..."

I am praying that Addy sleeps through the night.

I had the best time talking to Kent about how mean he is.  I know it sounds weird...it all started when I said "See honey, isn't it so fun when we get along, and then you ruin it"  We laughed and talked about how he knows he is mean, and then he shared some stories of mission companions he was mean too...poor boys...I'm trying to convince him he has the power to change and control it...he seems to disagree...I stand by my '2 sizes too small' theory...

Picture...

I love Kent's face in this picture...it wasn't too long after this that she wouldn't let him let go of her...

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow. Must be something in the water, Jason and I talked about how bossy I am tonight. Had I not stopped talking I'm sure I would have been accused of being mean as well, along with a string of other personality flaws.

Bubbles, huh? From scratching his forehead. Awesome. I'm gonna think on that one for a while, wish I could have seen it.

I love that for a long time (and ever once in a while still) my kids will pray and ask for grandma to be happy and to for her to know that they love her, etc. Carson kept talking about "Grandma Goude" yesterday but I think he really meant Gma Doni. Still made me sigh though. I also love that Sophie clarifies her grandmas by 'the one who passed away' or 'the one who didn't pass away'.

I'll add a little prayer tonight for you, neither you or Addy will last through tomorrow if she doesn't sleep tonight. I would hate to have to leave my house for an intervention, but I will if I need to.

This is really long, maybe even longer than Alicia's.

We should all hang out, even with Josh, it would be fun.

Amy said...

I just checked my email and saw that Alicia has now dubbed him Officer Kessie. I love it. Hopefully neither one of the wanna-be-english-majors will cite me for all my mistakes in that last comment. Or in this one. Or in anything that I publish publicly.

Joshua said...

@Rach: I hear you! Sleep is rare around here too. I'm tired of all the sickos ruining it for the rest of us. AMIRITE!? I got a whole 6 minutes of sleep on 6 inches of bed last night. Phooey. Nice photo too.

@Bossy: Thanks for considering me "hang-out-able" material. I no good engrish two.

Jessica said...

So I'm a total blog lurker and love seeing your posts in my google reader, I always mean to comment but never quite make it over here. But totally had to comment about Kent being mean....lol. I remember when him and Ryan used to throw rocks at me when I was walking home from church, got hit in the head a few times! ahh memories! :) and oh yeah we were like 14ish? Not 5 or something! :)

Alicia Leppert said...

WHAT?! I'm still in shock over Jessica's comment. Seriously? Rocks? I'm shocked that any human being would do that to another human being, but not so shocked that it was Kent and Ryan.

I had to laugh at Colton's bubble story. Payson once came up to me the day after his bath and asked me why the front of his hair felt weird. I felt it. His swirl was all crustified. So I dipped him over the sink and rinsed it and it foamed up and made bubbles. It was so obvious he'd rinsed all of his hair except the part too close to his eyes.

Hope you get to sleep soon. You probably hate me so much when you call during the day and I'm napping all peacefully in my empty house. If it makes you feel any better, it's cause I'm up all night too. Playing Angry Birds.

P.S. Amy, I so badly wanted to take a red pen to your comment.